Author Topic: How to manuals  (Read 12410 times)

Doug

How to manuals
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:37:18 PM »
I have found a lot of useful information in books and tech papers for the US navy.
I even found some hard coppies here in Canada at the local library.

This link has some good stuff in the electrical section....]

http://shopdawg.com/navman.htm

Doug

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: How to manuals
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:41:09 AM »
I have seen and purchased many of these type manuals on eBay in the past. There is pretty good maintenance training material for generating plants and prime-movers as well. I have found the Lister factory manuals to be less than satisfactory for more than general information and have often thought about publishing something more comprehensive and detailed.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Elk County Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »
Hi Gary,  Sure wish you would begin writing repair guides and instruction manuals for the Listers. Kent Bergsma of mercedessource.com has done just that for the older mercedes diesels. I have most of his booklets since they are written well enough so that even I can understand and follow them.  His  daughter, BTW, was the first to suggest to me to take a look at Listers as a source of power and electricity at my place.   If you want to look a few of my mercedessource books over, I'd be glad to mail them.  Gene

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:35:55 AM »
Thanks Gene,

A look at your materials might spur me on a bit. I am pretty sure that an additional resource along these lines for the Listers would be valuable to many others. I remember first starting work on some old Listers 10 years ago. I was already a seasoned air-cooled and diesel mechanic but still had quite a bit of trouble figuring out the quirks and deciphering the English jargon contained in the factory materials. I was surprised by the amount of fill-in-the-gap knowledge that was required to use those manuals. I don't know when there will be time, but I believe that this is a project I will undertake in the near future.

Gary - gsj@gci.net
diesel-electric.us

Elk County Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »
Hey Gary,  I'll package a few up.  Got a KS addy or would AK be better?  Gene

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »
Email me Gene - for the Kansas Address. Thanks!

Gary

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
Hi

I wondered if anyone else had any trouble opening these files after they were downloaded?  I haven't been ableto open them.  I have the current Adobe Reader do I need the older one?  The file Icon looks different for some reason.  Thanks

I have found a lot of useful information in books and tech papers for the US navy.
I even found some hard coppies here in Canada at the local library.

This link has some good stuff in the electrical section....]

http://shopdawg.com/navman.htm

Doug
MLG Gib Key Pullers

haganes

• captain
    • View Profile
    • Haganes Cruises of Southeast Asia
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 04:50:49 AM »
these manual cannot be read immediately by acrobat - they must be unzipped.  if you do not have a program in your computer to unzip, there is freeware on the internet.

regards,
captain steven
B & W Alpha 404 (280 hp @ 350 rpm)
Mercedes D231 (100 hp)
Lister TS2
Lister TR1
GTC 10/1 Listeroid

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:13:54 AM »
Gary -

I bought a 20-2 listeroid in January 07, They sent a operators book with my engine that was wrong for my engine. My e-mails to Lovson have fallen on deaf ears. Can you suggest a way to get a good manual for this engine. I am a pretty god mec. and seasoned electrician I just need the Right book.
Rob -

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »
Hi This is one of my grips too!
Most of these engines are shipped with a manual for an original style engine. Mine was.

The direct injection engine with tapered roller bearings have many parts that are not in the manual.
Good luck
Dennis
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

wirenutrob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

What ever happen to customer support? I guess they don't have pride in job and product!
What a shame they could do alot better. I guess I will have to figure it out as I go.
Thanks.
Rob

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Rob,

I would be happy to try and get the right manual for you. I do not do business with Lovson however and it might take a bit to work it out. Please email me direct for more detail.

Best Regards,

Gary
diesel-electric.us

rbodell

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 06:13:32 AM »
I have a new 6-1 coming in the next few weeks. It will have some manuels with it.

If somebody out there has a scanner and the ability to make pdf files and agrees to make them available to the group as a non profit venture (labor only), I will photocopy my books and pass the originals on to be made into a PDF file for the group.

Any volunteers out there willing to donate some manuels and/or time to develope a library?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 01:14:51 PM »
I might be able to help out, later in the year though. Our pdf files usually end up being huge if they are to retain a very high quality and we have not found a good way to email or post these sizes. Usually we end up printing them on demand or mailing on disc.

Gary
diesel-electric.us

rbodell

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »
Thanks for the offer, let us know when the timing is rite for you.

I think a lot of people have high speed internet and even fi a file is large, you can always start downloading before you go to bed and just let it run. There are free download managers that let you pick up where you left off if you get disconnected.

I am retired, I would donate the time to write CD's.

I might be able to help out, later in the year though. Our pdf files usually end up being huge if they are to retain a very high quality and we have not found a good way to email or post these sizes. Usually we end up printing them on demand or mailing on disc.

Gary
diesel-electric.us