Author Topic: The Brand Roundup  (Read 215445 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: The Brand Roundup
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2008, 04:03:33 AM »
All you know is you have casting and a crank that said Fieled Marshall.

You may have rejects that were sold and built into an engine or extra casting done for them resold to another builder for Metro.
You may infact have a Field Marshall.

No way to tell.....

I have pictures of the topland logo on casting from another engine builder as an example, no explaination was ever clearly given as to why.
Rajkot engine companies are hard to follow.

I have a crank in my petteroid that says DM10
My engine was made by PEC ( Anand Powerline ).
Just because my crank says DM10 I can't assume its KOEL that built the crank or the engine or anything
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

horsefly76

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »

Are these things  possible, and more importantly, do any of you have experience doing them?  Running a PTO generator off a tractor here in Iowa can get  mighty expensive. So aI am looking at a lister!

Welcome Outlaw!

What part of Iowa? I grew up/lived in Waterloo till 3 1/2 years ago I moved to Arizona. I have a 6/1 Metro
2007 Metro 6/1 Running on Biodiesel (Thank's Sam!)
4 Hp Air Cooled Yanmar Clone
6.5 Hp Kubota EB-300 D
2007 kawasaki KLX 250 Dual Sport
2003 Jetta TDI 5 Spd.
1971 Lister SR1
2 Lister Petter LPA3

the_postman

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
Hi,

I received two 6/1's with the markings MK Engineers on the outside of the crate.  Is that the manufacturer?  Anybody know anything about them???

Thanks!

eric

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2009, 01:46:40 AM »
Send them back Eric those are clearly not your initials

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
MK Engineers is an exporter and point of contact for many supposed "Brands" in India. They generally do a fine job of weeding out substandard stuff but beware too many assumptions and notions of the word "manufacturer". Cottage Industry in India is the method of production for all the Lister clone engines and their networks are an amazing study - but responsibility is not generally held (nor is it accepted) by any one entity. The best you can hope for is a reasonable assembler who can provide consistent results. These are generally NOT the exporters or companies you will be dealing with as an outsider. We have struggled with several over time to get transparency and accurate information and also have traveled there in person to set up relationships. The Indian business model we are dealing with does not necessarily include the Western values of integrity and honesty, I hate to say it. The best we have been able to do is factor in a lot of spare parts for our own warranty service and hammer away at the problems as they arise. These machines still offer a huge value and simply need to be doctored a bit to come up to Western standards.

Gary - Diesel Electric
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
Point of contension Gary:

There is nothing Cottage about some of the companies you are refering too.
Fieldmarshal is quite large for example and KOEL is large enough to have joint ventures with Toyota, Duetz, Petter, and has even managed to contain and start to push CAT out of the Indian market for industrial engines.

Ya man KOEL is so non Cottage they have been here in the North American market since the 70s. Why you guys never tried to import some of their engines ( listeroids and Petteroids ) is hard to understand I managed to get them to talk to me abou the HA series and FL912.....

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »
Sir ,
    Guys how many of you have a field marshal .according To Me They are the largest guys for lister
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ www.indianlisteroid.com ]
Indian Listers - Research ,Repair And Spares

billdrilling

• View Profile
    • biglakeshighlift.com
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2011, 05:50:19 AM »
I have never joined a forum of any kind before but I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of the "Dev" brand. The build all kinds of engine parts and he says he builds complete CS engines. Long story short,6/1's dropped in Vancouver for 700 ea. I took a chance and he says they are ready to ship and he has been keeping me upddated,guess we'll see. Thanks,Bill

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »
We now have a handful of the KOEL (Kirloskar) brand available... will resell, but this may well be the one and only batch we can get in the USA. These are near 20 years old - have been in temperature controlled storage for all this time.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:11:39 PM by dieselgman »

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2011, 07:16:34 PM »
And, by the way, being a huge conglomerate (KOEL) does not mean they make all their own parts or do not participate in the cottage industry I described to source same.

I believe they will operate just like Lister/Petter, and never tell! Trade secrets and all that! This is what I am told by some of the insiders in India. It is all about making the quick $.

dieselgman

mikern

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2011, 05:29:19 AM »
Amabir, my first listeroid is a Field Marshall 6/1, I also have a Metro 6/1 (for standby), the FM has given me great service. Mike

bigbad

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2021, 12:19:00 PM »
The last addition here was 2011  Many of the links posted here are dead.  Is this engine going the way of the dodo bird?

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2021, 06:48:07 PM »
Welcome bigbad.
This is certainly an old thread!
Resurrection.
We are all ageing out.......demand for and interest in  the engines seems to be doing same.
I'm still operating a listeroid 6/1 regularly (2500 hours on it now) for off-grid winter battery charging and a Dursley 6/1 for times when I need extra shop power.
Also other things seem to be commanding much more time and attention in these strange days.....it is reassuring to have 2 reliable engines turning PMGs and about 1000 lts of fuel on hand.
Cheers
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project