Puppeteer

Author Topic: Imperial Diesel  (Read 3370 times)

lgsracer

• View Profile
Imperial Diesel
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:20:52 PM »
Anybody heard anything about this company?

Here is their website http://www.imperialdiesel.com/index.htm

They make turn key diesel generators.

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Re: Imperial Diesel
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »
  Every 10 miles down any road around here there is a Menonite shop bolting together diesel driven anything incluiding gen sets. The local shop stocks some used aircolled Listers and Petters along with the Jap and American small air cooled engines.Most have a large lathe plus a drill press and turn out adater plates.
  They have yet to discover the ST generators from China however.
    They will also cobble together just about any engine to a clutch and reduction drive to run a flat belt pulley or a 540/1000rpm pto shaft. They bolt the engine/pto to a cart. Then hitch horses to the front and a forage harvestor/baler/mower-condiitoner etc to the back of this cart. Looks  odd and unhandy as can be.   

This company makes adapter plates to bolt just about any engine to any load.          http://www.phxgrp.com/engine.htm

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 01:42:01 PM »
 lgsracer,

Check your private messages.

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »
  Every 10 miles down any road around here there is a Menonite shop bolting together diesel driven anything incluiding gen sets.

Yeah,  I notice this too, absolutely no hipocrasy there, nope.  They use a phone off their land to negotiate sales of their gen sets to customers as well.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
"I can live with my own hypocrisy, but I just can't stand it when others are hypocrites!" 

I think Will Rogers said that.   ;D

Quinn

[Edit:  These people aren't Ludites.  Each group is free to decide among themselves how much technology they are willing to embrace.  Some are very strict, others less so.  So it's not hypocricy you're seeing, but simply one name being applied to a group of people with some diversity in their practices.]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:31:18 PM by Quinnf »
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew