Puppeteer

Author Topic: Nordberg Power Chief Diesel  (Read 4140 times)

LightKeeper

• View Profile
Nordberg Power Chief Diesel
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:58:13 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Nordberg Power Chief diesel engines? My dad was stationed at St. Martin Isand Lighthouse in northern Lake Michigan from 1974 to 1978. They had two Nordberg 2 cyl, 20 hp, 1800 rpm, 10 kw gensets to generate power. They probably had indirect injection. Fuel usege was around six gallons a day and they were very reliable. I'v never seen any others.   

listerdiesel

Re: Nordberg Power Chief Diesel
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:26:45 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with the Nordberg Power Chief diesel engines? My dad was stationed at St. Martin Isand Lighthouse in northern Lake Michigan from 1974 to 1978. They had two Nordberg 2 cyl, 20 hp, 1800 rpm, 10 kw gensets to generate power. They probably had indirect injection. Fuel usege was around six gallons a day and they were very reliable. I'v never seen any others.   

We have a sales brochure for that range of engines, pictures of the gas and diesel versions are at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Nordberg/Nordberg1.htm

If you need any data from the brochure, give me a shout.

Peter

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 06:54:05 AM »
Hello Peter,

I really like your site and I was wondering if there was a way to do a search on it?   Thanks
MLG Gib Key Pullers

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:33:06 AM »
Hello Peter,

I really like your site and I was wondering if there was a way to do a search on it?   Thanks

Not at present, mainly as we never got that far with indexing anything or setting it up as a searchable system.

We are thinking about doing an index, but that would take a while as there will be over 6000 pages by Xmas and about 8000images to index/collate.

I'll have a look and see what we can do on the search facility, probably need some HTML code and a decent search engine to be put in there.

Funnily enough, most new visitors like the fact that you can have more fun finding things by trawling through, than by knowing what's there in the first place! 

Peter

Peter