Puppeteer

Author Topic: Manual oil pump priming handle?  (Read 8037 times)

rocketboy

• View Profile
Re: Manual oil pump priming handle?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 02:54:07 AM »
I don't see what good it does any way. On the TRB engines, it just dribbles a bit of oil when pumped and I never could pump it hard enough to shoot any oil all the way to a bearing. I suppose on the bush engines it's another story.

RB
Sadly, artificial intelligence will never be a match for natural stupidiy.

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 05:22:11 AM »
I have the hole drilled and tapped. I just needed a good example to start with. I can build my own.
 Thanks Peter!

Picture of the only accessible pump that I could photograph at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Misc/Listeroil2.jpg

The other engine is less oily but needs rotating so the oil pump is away from the wall. I'll do that later in the week.

Peter

Peter....don't hurt yourself! Andre has a pretty good shot of one.....thanks anyway!
   Rocketboy.....you are right about the primer handle on the 6/1 with TRB's but I put a oil slinger on my crank that is fed from the pump, also added an oil filter and I want to be able to flush and prime the system before I feed it to the rod journal.....I may just use it after that so I can feel if it is working.
Thanks all
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »
I don't see what good it does any way. On the TRB engines, it just dribbles a bit of oil when pumped and I never could pump it hard enough to shoot any oil all the way to a bearing. I suppose on the bush engines it's another story.

RB

RB,
You are right! I finally got to the point of priming the system and was dissapointed with the flow!  I will close all of the delivery outlets except the one that will feed the oil slinger mod I made. There is plenty for that plus it will be filtered. I agree it was designed for main bushings not the TRB's
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA