Author Topic: Manual oil pump priming handle?  (Read 8013 times)

xyzer

• View Profile
Manual oil pump priming handle?
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:40:33 AM »
I am looking for a close up picture of a manual oil pump priming handle. My power solution 6/1 doesn’t have one and I would like to find one or build one. Maybe even a trace of one on a piece of paper....or even an extra one lying around? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

binnie

• View Profile
Re: Manual oil pump priming handle?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:49:35 PM »
Great idea Dave,
I remember seeing a pict of one on Guy Fawkes' SOM. You might write him directly. He is great with picts & detail. He may even have a drawing of the works. Worth a try...and count me in, if as and when you run a batch. I wonder if some of the old manuals that Peter has access too wouldn't show the unit on a diagram. binnie
Listeroid 12/2 Jkson with 10kw head, for backup now on diesel. Future interests: WVO, bio,  Cogen - Heat exchangers - solar.

Stan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »
I"ll get you one as soon as I take the pump off my machine and bring it into the warmth.  It's the last thing I've got to tear down and rebuild now that I've got the fuel pump shiny and clean and working great.  I'll have it off by tomorrow.

stan

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:42:48 PM »
I"ll get you one as soon as I take the pump off my machine and bring it into the warmth.  It's the last thing I've got to tear down and rebuild now that I've got the fuel pump shiny and clean and working great.  I'll have it off by tomorrow.

stan
Thanks Stan!
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

Stan

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 08:37:23 PM »
Here it is

If you need more exact measurements let me know.
stan
Sorry its so small but coppermine won't let me upload the large size file.  If you go to coppermine you can see a bigger version.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:41:35 PM by Stan »

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:01:49 PM »

Stan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 09:07:52 PM »
Ok Andre, what did I do wrong?  There's no way I could get that pic up to its proper size.
Stan

listerdiesel

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 09:09:48 PM »
I am looking for a close up picture of a manual oil pump priming handle. My power solution 6/1 doesn’t have one and I would like to find one or build one. Maybe even a trace of one on a piece of paper....or even an extra one lying around? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Dave

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Misc/Listeroil1.jpg

I may have a spare one in the workshop for dimensions, won't be able to look until later, and I also have a breather plate to look out for as well :-))

Peter

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »
Ok Andre, what did I do wrong?  There's no way I could get that pic up to its proper size.
Stan

Ya gotta know the secret handshake. :)

Make your way to (Home > User galleries > stans > Stans)
http://listerengine.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=30&pos=3

LEFT click on the bigger picture, not the ones in the filmstrip.  It should come up full size in a smaller window.
 Note; It looks like if the image is smaller then some set point it is being displayed full size and will not come up in the smaller window.

Now RIGHT click on the image and select "Copy Image Address" from the popup menu.  I am using Opera so the exact wording may be different depending on the browser you are using.

You should now have this URL on the clipboard.
http://listerengine.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10021/PICT0978%20(Medium).JPG

Put it in the img tags.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:37:45 PM by Andre Blanchard »

Stan

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
That was my problem, right clicking on the smaller pic.  Tnx, I'll remember next time :-\

Stan

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:27 PM »
What about a fuel pump pawl Peter, any of those kicking around without a home?
Stan

listerdiesel

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »
Thanks
Dave

You'd need the shouldered bolt and a place to screw it into on the pump or engine.

The bolt is a simple enough thing to make, but somewhere to put it might need a bit of thought.

Peter

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 10:09:43 PM »
I have the hole drilled and tapped. I just needed a good example to start with. I can build my own.
 Thanks Peter!
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

Stan

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 11:26:40 PM »
Do you need a pic of the "shouldered bolt"?
Stan

listerdiesel

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 09:14:51 PM »
I have the hole drilled and tapped. I just needed a good example to start with. I can build my own.
 Thanks Peter!

Picture of the only accessible pump that I could photograph at:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Misc/Listeroil2.jpg

The other engine is less oily but needs rotating so the oil pump is away from the wall. I'll do that later in the week.

Peter