Author Topic: Well, it's midnight, got some smokes, no shades, and a half charged battery  (Read 9405 times)

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
I should be in bed, the girl should be in bed, but we've just had a heart to heart and it's time to pull an all nighter setting things right.

The subject of the discussion was, "don't work hard, only assholes work hard, work smart instead"

Kitchen drainer full of washed and dripped dry dishes, sink with a bowl full of cold soapy/greasy water, dirty frying pan etc on the side.

So I got her out of bed and we had a heart to heart.

1/ The dry dishes are not clean, even though they were washed, if they are allowed to drip dry instead of being dried and polished and put away they are NOT clean, and you will know this the instant someone you care about walks in the house and you peer at the plate / cup / spoon for marks before you give it to them.

2/ the bowl full of cold soapy greasy water now has a ring around it, so the crap needs slinging and then the bowl itself needs washing before you can wash all the dry dishes and then the unwashed dishes. The dry dishes and unwashed dishes cut down on your workspace too.

3/ the unwashed dishes and pans are now dried on, in the case of the teflon frying pan, only when I have had women in the house have I ever had to buy a new one, when left to myself I fry, wipe clean while still hot, eat the food while letting the pan cool and then put away, in any event leaving food to dry on takes more energy in hot water, more soap, more elbowgrease and wear on cleaning materials and surfaces of cookware, more time, more effort.

I said to her it wasn't because of my boyish good looks and charm that when I was employed (as opposed to self employed) I could turn around to my boss and say "how about a bloody pay rise then?" to which they would say "why?" to which I would reply "because I am already doing half your fucking job too" that I used to get the pay rise and not the sack, it was because I work smart, not hard.

working smart is no different to any other ability, it can be self taught and the more you persevere the better you get at it, anyone can do it, most don't.

working smart is draining the coolant before you pull the head so you don't dump coolant inside the piston and sump, working smart is knowing you are going to drain the coolant, have the receptacle ready, the hose, the valve you are going to open has been inspected so it doesn't just sieze on you, or break, working smart is tipping the coolant back in when the head is back on, it goes in exactly (you checked the level first) so you know no leaks and no airlocks.

working smart is the coolant aspect of that particular job is done with maximum efficiency and minimum effort.

mr belk did what looks like a lot of work building his concrete base, he didn't, he SAVED a lot of work by working smart, because the concrete base made every other job faster and easier and also able to be done to a higher standard, and it will continue to save hours and hours of time forevermore, in more ways than you can shake a stick at.

some other dude posted a pic of a butane bottle converted to a fuel tank, suspended on a spring to show fuel load by spring extension, with a long copper pipe (copper leeches into the fuel and fucks up your injection pump permanently) that is required by the springy tank that introduces about a dozen other problems, and a water hose that vibrates against it that introduces another bunch of problems.

mr belk can mount a day tank, solidly next to his listeroid, seamless steel pipe with a couple of spring loops for good measure, and a simply weight - chain - roller on tank lip - weight cum float a la lister to indicate fuel level at a glance.

one of these methods is working smart, one is working hard.

the working hard one matey is always going to be fiddling around his engine, looking very busy.

the working smart one mr belk is going to stick his nose in for a quick look around now and again and walk away, looking like he ain;t doing much.

Break jobs down into discrete sections, and make sure they really are discrete sections and not arbitrary ones you imposed on the job. eg you don't paint a car cos you have paint and a spray gun, and then do all the mechanical jobs when you get the parts and tools.

Once you have (mentally, this is still PLANNING stage) broken jobs into discrete sections make sure you have all tools and materials required for that section, plan the job and thing about the implications, do not invent a spring balance fuel tank and then discover that it has affected the plumbing job.

Don't start that job until you can finish it, and finish it means doing 100% quality work.

==================================

I've got a mate, we were talking about this a while ago, he spent years on the fishing boats, and in more or less his own words he did running repairs, often bodges, and made lists of work to be done when the ship was back in harbour, including fixing up any bodges, and this work was done by shore based engineers, so he learned to bodge jobs, and twenty years later he still has to fight to unlearn that tendency, he is a smart cookie and quite capable of doing extremely good work, but it is not the job, or the tools, or his knowledge that ever stopped him, it was the approach or attitude.

sometimes that attitude is imposed, customers don't want a good job, they want a cheap job done fast, car mechanics will know all about that one.

trouble is you LEARN that, and then take it home with you and make it your own.

The USA used to be not "a" but "the" industrial powerhouse of the planet, as the uk was before it, if I could wave a magic wand and turn every last worker in the USA overnight into a smart worker instead of a hard worker, within a week every other economy on the planet would start to feel the impact and effects.

being a smart worker was a fundamental part of my engineering apprenticeship, nothing from learning how to sweep a workshop floor and how to use a hacksaw was exempt from it, though you only get it afterwards looking back.

======================

if you buy a 24 furrow plough you are going to want laser straight field hedges, a perfectly oblong field that is totally flat, devoid of all trees and rocks, and of uniform soil / water content / sunlight, throughout.

you then want a uniform crop for your ginormous combine to chew through.

the point is that buying that 24 furrow plough will make you work hard, not smart.

if you work smart you MAY find yourself needing a 24 furrow plough, or you may not

a lot of "craftsmanship", eg that shit that makes some other dude make a job look easy that you find difficult, it down to him working smart and you working hard, you can't simply copy him because you are totally omitting the thought process which is what makes him work smart which is what the craftsmanship is.

I stood over an 18 year old girl with no practical skills and talked her through every step of restoring a beat up old dented and peeling bike tank to something that looked as good as anything in a showroom, so don't be fooled, a lot of craftsmanship is NOT hidden away in skill and experience that takes you 20 years to learn, it is hidden away in the mental approach to work, by being my voice controlled robot she had no skill and no experience, and no working smart skills, by my working smart directions, and still produced first class work, gained skill, gained experience, and gained working smart skills.

she forgot them, hence the dishes, because of other shit going on in her life distracting her from what counts.

20 years + on and I am still fucking ashamed at some of this piss poor work I did when I got into a downer and was drinking and suchlike, I had all the tools, the skills and the experience, but I wasn't approaching the work right, I wasn't working smart, so I did some shit work that I am still ashamed of decades later, and get this, I didn't kill anyone or injure anyone, I didn't even break anything that I know of, but I know those jobs will have had to be re-done since then, which shouldn't have been the case.

anyway, that's all for now, back to the grindstone, catch y'all on the flipside
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

Doug

Being smart makes my head hurt.....

It doesn't add anything to my check

Often it makes my handlers look foolish, and when this happens I get raked over the coals for everything from driving to fast to rolling up my shirt sleaves...

If I do something smart inevitably some other fellow with a white shirt gets credit.

But If I get slightly stupid people don't expect much from me, I can stay under the radar and be left alone.

Sory Guy working smarter isn't the solution unless you work for yourself.

Doug

Dail R H

• View Profile
   SOOOOO Guy,
    Do you teach a  correspondence  course in working smart? I got the working hard part down pretty good now.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
boy this is the first post that i can concur with each one of you

Guy: yup ya gotta work smart ,,, but...

Doug: your right,, not much market for a smart worker these days,... and..

Dail: i too learned how to work hard very early in life, and contrary to popular belief hard work which might have
paid off once, rarely does anything today but get you a broken down body and an employer who will try to shed himself
of any liability

so how do your reconcile this one,, well all the components are here, Guy makes reference to being self employed, Doug makes a point that working smart is of limited
value if you are not self employed... so

everybody quit your job's, start out on your own and work smart,,,, why not?

if you are smart enough to be working with a listeroid/petteroid or any other offgrid asperations, you certainly are smart enough to succeed being self employed.

damn this is no fun at all,,, no arguement? what's this board come to?

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
  Jeeze, wish I never posted that picture. You are so right Guy, even if I just consider the time spent responding to comment, it's a total looser ;D. Just not working smart I guess. I didn't really start out to do it that way, it kind of evolved. You see, there were a lot of things that I didn't know at the time. The logical place to put the tank would have been right in the way of  the sound enclosure if it was needed.  I didn't know how loud it was going to be, and therefore wasn't sure if, or what kind of, soundproofing would be required, hence, I didn't want to anchor it permanently to the wall in, what could be, the wrong spot. Also, I didn't know how much the engine was going to move having never built a mount like this before and not having the benefits of higher edjucation to help me predict it. Seemed to me that a fuel tank that could move a bit might reduce stress on the fuel line and so I decided to suspend it. And, since I couldn't convienently see the fuel level, I decided to hang it from a spring to give me an indication of when it was low. Because having to bleed the inj pump whenever it ran out of fuel would not be working smart. A site glass or a gauge would have been nice but I needed to expedite all possible and this will serve the purpose.
  Your comment "copper leaches into the fuel and fucks up your injector pump permanently" has me concerned. Would you or anyone else care to elaborate. The fuel in this case is biodiesel (methylesters).
   Now a comment on another part of your post.
Quote from: GuyFawkes
So I got her out of bed and we had a heart to heart
You got a pregnant woman out of bed because you didn't like the way she did the dishes???
Did it ever occur to you to maybe help out and do them yourself if you're going to be so anal about dishwashing procedure. You best edjucate yourself on what a woman goes through when she's pregnant. She needs your help and support, not some demanding tyrant picking at her!!!
                                                           Bill
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff

Your comment "copper leaches into the fuel and fucks up your injector pump permanently" has me concerned. Would you or anyone else care to elaborate. The fuel in this case is biodiesel (methylesters).

It has been well known for generations that copper leeches into diesel fuel, so you get minute particles of leeched copper going into the injection pump, which is a fairly critical precision bit of machining, and this damages and ages it prematurely.

Time was english board of trade would not certify ANY diesel installation if any copper pipe was used anywhere, nowadays everyone is a cheapskate and nobody gives a shit if a pump dies after a few thousand hours, unless you work to MOD or US coast guard or Lloyds or any other proper standard, in which case copper is still verboten.

course copper is cheap and fast and easy to install.

if you using bio fuel the problem is several orders of magnitude worse, because it not only leeches into the fuel and fucks the pump, it catalyses the fuel itself changing the very properties and composition of the fuel itself.

Now a comment on another part of your post.
Quote from: GuyFawkes
So I got her out of bed and we had a heart to heart
You got a pregnant woman out of bed because you didn't like the way she did the dishes???
Did it ever occur to you to maybe help out and do them yourself if you're going to be so anal about dishwashing procedure. You best edjucate yourself on what a woman goes through when she's pregnant. She needs your help and support, not some demanding tyrant picking at her!!!
                                                           Bill

1/ who said she was pregnant? I know why you assumed it, but the fact is you assumed it, and you assumed wrong.

2/ if I'd done the job myself they wouldn't have been left on the drainer in the first place, i'm not into picking up after other people and finishing their work, I'm not into indulging behaviour that will have a negative impact on their lives in the long run, and most of all I don't keep a dog and bark myself.

3/ this is the year 2006, not 1906, if a woman in western society gets pregnant nowadays the ONLY reason it happened was because she chose for it to happen, and once it happens they call all the shots, unless you know of a single court case anywhere where an unwilling father convinced a court to order an woman to have an abortion.

4/ a pregnant woman is just like a pregnant anything else, theres a couple of million years of evolution there and god takes care of everything else, unless you believe a sperm is a human being with a right to life no matter what and medical intervention at any cost.

5/ if you ask the woman in question (if you like I'll get her to chat to you in real time in IM or on the phone) whether I'm a demanding tyrant picking on her, or the only person on the planet who stood in the way of her sucking a yard of cock to get a hamburger and a pit to sleep in you'll get some surprises you weren't expecting.

6/ if you ask the one who is pregnant if all the other men in her life put together, including the fathers of her two previous children, did 10% of what I did for them and her, or gave 1% as much of a fuck about them, you'll get some more surprises you weren't expecting.

7/ Life is just too fucking short to bother with this crap, when I come on here with my hand out asking for something feel free to jump on my back and ride like a monkey, when you start paying money into my households feel free to pass any comments you like about how I run my life, hey seriously, I could do with some other fucker putting his hand in my pocket, cos as it is I got my hand in my pocket and my time and effort going to raise two other mens children, so I really would welcome cash contributions and time and effort cos that would mean I'd have more of my own money and time for the shit I want to do.

8/ until about 40 years ago, with advances in medical science, it was flatly impossible for any man to KNOW scientifically that any given child was his, and that shit is waaaaay more common than the vast majority of men want to believe, until little johnny is sick and the doctors discover "daddy" has an incompatible bloody type etc.

9/ until some time in the next few years, there has never been a woman born who did not know for a fact that every single child she carried was hers genetically, mary magdalene excepted if you happen to buy into that particular belief system.

10/ if men could get pregnant, you think with the availability of contraception there would be a SINGLE unplanned and unwanted pregnancy? no, nor are there amongst women, they just trot out the same old tired shit excuses that no other woman buys for even a nanosecond.

11/ pregnancy is not a disease, it is not an illness, it is not a burden, women love to tell you how much giving birth huts (even though most of em have lumbar or cesarian now anyway) (hey lady, ever been kicked in the balls?) and it hurts so much almost none of em only have one kid.

12/ now that we routinely fuck with animals that we profess to love, neutered and castrated dogs are turning up all sorts of ailments that never would have happened if they been allowed at least one breeding cycle first.

13/ the LAW as it stands now means the mother gets the only vote that actually counts about anything and everything to do with that kid until age 16, if you don't like it you can kick the bitch to the kerb, but you still get to pay child support. I never heard of any women rallying or writing politicians to get that changed....

14/ now you expect me to treat women like they used to be treated when they were chattels, eg all the benefits of being under a mans protection, but I don't get any of the benefits, but all of the drawbacks, and then a few new ones invented along the way, I believe the american expression for that is pussy whipped.

15/ I don't hate women, or men, but I don't have ANY illusions about men and women when it comes to sex, fidelity, parenthood, raising kids or any of that shit, not a single one, and that makes me real unpopular, cos now we have decided collectively that sitting a child in front of the idiots lantern watching fucking teletubbies while stuffing it with processed food is not child abuse, but smacking the little shits when you catch them playing with matches is because suddenly we became different to the rest of the animal kingdom when it comes to learning, and the little darlings really don't spend 0 to 16 years pushing the envelope of behaviour in order to learn what is acceptable, they are just expressing themselves, so when a couple of the 8 year old little shits H^H^H^H beat another one to death, lie about it, and so on they are just expressing themselves, and it has nothng whatsoever to do with the fact they came from broken homes with no authority figure and no one to instill (see that word INSTILL, look it up in a dictionary sometime) a set or moral values and right from wrong in them, hey, it is society's fault.

16/ since we are indulging in behaviour that is nothing more than malicious supposition anyway, tell us bill, do you still beat your wife?
--
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.

twombo

• View Profile
Too right, Bill.

The first method can easily turn a great woman into a real "ball buster"! The second, which your advocate has a a lot more promise.

We reap what we sow. My wife died ten years ago at the tender age age of 38,  what I wouldn't give to wash some more dishes for (or better yet), with her!!

Mike

rmchambers

• View Profile
Guy,
    Wow!

Did you not tell us that you had a little 'un on the way?  What are we supposed to think?  Unless you are a mormon with many wives around the place we had no way of knowing that the lady you woke up about the dishes (and it sounds like it wasn't just the dishes, just that they were the straw) was not the same one with the baby on the way.

You gave us a context for why you weren't going to be around as often a couple of weeks ago, we all said "congratulations" and wished you the best.

Next we get the story about doing half assed jobs and how you woke the girl up.

I thought the very same thing Bill did and probably several others that didn't pipe up about it.  Now that you've straightened it out for everyone we are all on the same sheet of music.  What you choose to get upset about is entirely up to you, I may not get upset with the same things you do but they are your feelings and you are abso-fucking-lutely entitled to them.

I hope your batteries got charged up by the way.

Robert

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guy:

i don't know you from adam, i don't know your history, and i am not sure if it would make a difference if i did.

what i do know is the dark side of the so called fair sex, and i am here to tell you it is very dark and evil.

what i have learned is to accept one universal truth, you have no control over anyone but yourself.
you should not seek to control or allow anyone to control you.

obviously you care for this woman or you wouldn't have her around, she has her faults as i am sure you have yours.

pick your battles, and remember not everything is worth the fight. perhaps the dishes are not done when and how you want them, and i am sure there are things you do that are not done to her standards and when she wants them done as well.

i for one have my kinks as well, i cannot stand a track mark (dirt) on the carpet, and my wife (#3) cannot stand it when i leave a cupboard door open. i tease her about the carpet and she teases me about the cupboard doors, we both accept each for what we are , warts and all.

intil you have lived 22years with a tyrant, you really don't have any real appreciation for an ordinary woman. i know i didn't!

admit it, you are a cantancorous old fart, that is set in his ways! just like most of the rest of us,,, and in most cases the women come up on the short end of the stick living with us (provided you are not living with the aforementioned tyrant).

i know what it is to raise a child that was not my own, and i have to tell you it is a blessing that you will forever be thankful for.
you are to be commended for doing just that.

one final note, you gotta admit that this woman for all her faults has to put up with some strange shit from you as well, may not seem strange to you, but i assure you she see's it as wierd.

what is the alternative?  living alone and lonely albeit with clean dishes? there will undoubtedly be a day you will need her to wipe your ass, and i think you would agree that a few dishes is not a bad tradeoff.

like they say, "don't sweat the little stuff" and "it is all little stuff"

i know from what i speak, and i assume you know a bit too.
four years ago i went thru an exceptionally ugly divorce, it took 18 months to get to trial,
i was wiped out financially, physically and mentally
i had to fire my atty and take on the defence of my case myself, i spent 3 months in the law library to prepare for the trial
and was opposed by a time served atty of 30 plus years that was well respected by the court.
i prevailed and got what was called here locally a ruling that was beyond fantastic, no pro se litigant had every prevailed in that
court until i came along. the total cost in dollars was several tens of thousands of dollars, and the loss of my home and nearly my business. so i know full well how ugly some women can be.

if you got one that you can get along with, and better yet can get along with you, you are a lot better off than some men.

bob g

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guy:

i would also like to add that your original point of this thread as it relates to working smart was not lost.

one should plan his work, then work his plan

sometimes it seems more expedient to just jump in and do something, only to find out he has to go back and redo it later.
time taken to plan, sketch out, draw up or whatever usually pays off in a better, safer and longer lived project.

that is a good point :)

bob g

Tugger

• View Profile
Re: Well, it's midnight, got some smokes, no shades, and a half charged battery
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »
If it wasn't for sex....i wouldn't talk to women at all....

Cheers
Tugger

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:32 PM »
Guy:

i don't know you from adam, i don't know your history, and i am not sure if it would make a difference if i did.

what i do know is the dark side of the so called fair sex, and i am here to tell you it is very dark and evil.

same can be said for men, one sex is no better or worse than the other overall

what i have learned is to accept one universal truth, you have no control over anyone but yourself.
you should not seek to control or allow anyone to control you.

obviously you care for this woman or you wouldn't have her around, she has her faults as i am sure you have yours.

it's not her faults I'm trying to cure, just teaching her the way the world really works and how not to get tripped up by your own internal forces, the world definitely is a less forgiving place nowadays in many ways

pick your battles, and remember not everything is worth the fight. perhaps the dishes are not done when and how you want them, and i am sure there are things you do that are not done to her standards and when she wants them done as well.

it ain't like that, its free choice, my way or highway, or as my old man used to put it "don't shit on your own doorstep, and don't let anyone else do it either."

i for one have my kinks as well, i cannot stand a track mark (dirt) on the carpet, and my wife (#3) cannot stand it when i leave a cupboard door open. i tease her about the carpet and she teases me about the cupboard doors, we both accept each for what we are , warts and all.

In reality I'm easy going, but my limits are hard ones, I don't see why I should have one rule for me and a different one for someone else, especially when you are trying to teach them.

intil you have lived 22years with a tyrant, you really don't have any real appreciation for an ordinary woman. i know i didn't!

hey babe, self inflicted, some of us made a pastime of picking up strays and waifs, so the hard times go with the territory, you cant expect hurting people to not bite the hand that feeds them

admit it, you are a cantancorous old fart, that is set in his ways! just like most of the rest of us,,, and in most cases the women come up on the short end of the stick living with us (provided you are not living with the aforementioned tyrant).

bob, the one thing I learned with age is that I am not special, I try not to lie not because I'm good and gonna go to heaven, but because that shit is hard work to keep track of and anyways I don't stand being lied to so I can't be a hypocrite, and more of the same sort of thing, there isnt exactly a shortage of blokes (or women) out there so it ain't like I can dictate terms, just set my stall out and if you like the goods on offer there you go, one thing I never seemed to have a problem with was getting women, they all like a "bad boy" eg someone who don't worship them etc

i know what it is to raise a child that was not my own, and i have to tell you it is a blessing that you will forever be thankful for.
you are to be commended for doing just that.

my dna or not don't really make any odds to me, if I'm your "dad" you fucking well do as you are told, it ain't a democracy, you don't pay the bills and you don't call the shots, but then again nobody is clock watching or costing the hours needed to keep you straight and safe, so it works out, and along the way you learn the asshole isn't strict, he is a fixed point of reference so you never find yourself lost in the world

one final note, you gotta admit that this woman for all her faults has to put up with some strange shit from you as well, may not seem strange to you, but i assure you she see's it as wierd.

nope, she don't HAVE to put up with anything, the door is open, if you stay this side of it though part of the deal is not me pandering to any stupid ideas you have about yourself that came from some bullshit media source, the world does not owe you a living, there is no such thing as a free lunch, you aren't special, and if you cross the street to ignore someone else in trouble you better not expect anything better when the boot is on the other foot, oh yeah, and always wait for the sound of the other shoe...

what is the alternative?  living alone and lonely albeit with clean dishes? there will undoubtedly be a day you will need her to wipe your ass, and i think you would agree that a few dishes is not a bad tradeoff.

you can live alone and not be lonely, you can live with others and be alone, and without going into too much detail let me assure you there are some things in life I know a lot about, and dying and death is one of em, and believe me bro it don't matter how many people are stood around you you do that one alone, so you better be at peace with yourself.... if you got anything more to say than "oh shit" then you have issues to address before that day comes

like they say, "don't sweat the little stuff" and "it is all little stuff"
in the grand scheme of things, yeah, nothing matters, but I don't live in the grand scheme of things, I have my own personal universe where I'm god and my own pleasures and comforts are all that matter, provided i don't get that off the back of other people they pretty much stay in their universes and leave me to mine

i know from what i speak, and i assume you know a bit too.
four years ago i went thru an exceptionally ugly divorce, it took 18 months to get to trial,
i was wiped out financially, physically and mentally
i had to fire my atty and take on the defence of my case myself, i spent 3 months in the law library to prepare for the trial
and was opposed by a time served atty of 30 plus years that was well respected by the court.
i prevailed and got what was called here locally a ruling that was beyond fantastic, no pro se litigant had every prevailed in that
court until i came along. the total cost in dollars was several tens of thousands of dollars, and the loss of my home and nearly my business. so i know full well how ugly some women can be.
I walked away from the works mate, all paid for and owned too, with the clothes I was stood up in, naked would have been ok too, worth every penny

if you got one that you can get along with, and better yet can get along with you, you are a lot better off than some men.

bob g

that's only cos they won't have it any other way, when you get programmed to treat women like cars, yours is no good cos your mate has the deluxe model with bigger tits, smoother skin and a few less miles on the clock you'll never be happy, better get a basic chassis and build your own ride the way you like it >;^)
--

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 12:08:43 AM »
:)

points well taken for the most part!

you gotta say one thing for this board, it is anything but boreing.

so lets see,,, whats next? politics or religion?

and btw,,, you know why divorces are so damned expensive?  because there worth it!

bob g

Doug

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 01:52:51 AM »
I'm dead from the neck down....
A fleshed out calculator....

No not realy but after the age of about 35 I began to think with my head more and my heart less.
Then the boy came along ( Please look for the QC guy in my Petter File ), my life is complete, no wolves at the door.

I worry about them and the future, so I am insured well enough for them to grieve in Tahiti for a couple of decades.

My wife loves me, or she is using a very slow acting poison.

I love my wife, but I keep some shuvels handy in the shed.

Why am I listening to so much Shostakovich lately?

I don't pretend to understand women, and I wonder if Lesbians have the same problem.

Other thoughts I have, mostly random.

I hate S**T jobs and dealing with A*S H***S, so do most. Why does a fellow spend years in school to become a proctologiest?

I noticed there is less hair on my head and more on my back.
Further more I would like to get a grant from the Federal goverment to study this migration pattern and see if there is a link between global warming, my back and ass hair and the loss of the indiginous hair that grew on my head.
There may be other factors, the sound of my wife's voice has begun to fade at exactly the pace as the my desire to hear her tell me things I don't realy care about. Does this also have an Ozone hole or global warming connection?
Only time and money will answere these questions, please mail your MP and ask he send large brown manila envellops of cash in small bills to me to study these mens's issues.

What marketing genius decided a Nova would sell well in Quebec?

If Crown Royal is made from corn why do they still call it rye?

Doug

Doug

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 04:28:53 PM »
It's a good thing Guy likes my engine mount, he sure as hell wouldn't like the dishes!!   :o

I thought drip dry was the best use of gravity.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.