Lister Engines > Lister Based Generators

Automatic Rocker Arm Lubrication for Lister Engines

<< < (2/3) > >>

justsomeguy:
Wow.  I think you should video that thing flying apart!  Mount the camera looking parelell with the shaft of course!

Listeroidsusa:
Actually, for safety reasons, I'll have the flywheel mounted inside a concrete well casing and buried about 10' in the ground with a drive shaft coming up through a piece of pipe to drive it with. This is potentially very dangerous so we'll take all safety precautions with it.

Mike

DirtbikePilot:
It will be good to know the self destruct speed for one of the gm-90 flywheels, but there are SO many different flywheels being used. There are also probably many different strengths for each single type of flywheel due to manufacturing differences, metal qualities, etc. You would have to explode hundreds of flywheels to get a good idea of minimum explode speed for each, but at least we will have some idea if you just do one or a few. I'd love to be there for this!!

Listeroidsusa:
I have my flywheels specially made of high grade iron so they should do pretty well but once the test is done I'll know more. I don't fool with the average cast iron in such a critical part.

Mike

hotater:
The *best* Indian cast iron I've seen (angle mounting fixture for a milling machine)  still doesn't come up to 'average' if compared to American and Japanese machine tool parts.

Flywheels are scary as a pile of mad rattler when going faster than design speed.  I've had a couple MP run-a-ways and time seems to slow and danger seems close by......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version