Author Topic: Lister-Petter LPA3A001 Engine  (Read 7716 times)

jppumper

Lister-Petter LPA3A001 Engine
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:36:22 AM »
Hello, I am working on this engine at work.  Lister-Petter LPA3A001.  It is a small 3 cylinder, diesel, air cooled engine.  It is about 7-8 years old and powers a 4 inch vacuum pump made by Acme Dynamics.  The engine has approximately 9000 hours on it.  We have 3 of these pumps.  Two of them are high hours.  This particular engine began to leak oil badly and was traced to the push rod tubes.  Upon tear down it was found that the heat must have finally gotten to the seals and they just deteriorate when handled.
We have been able to track down a replacement parts book through Acme, but not a service manual.  Their quote was "we do not use that engine anymore".  So, what does that have to do with a service manual, I told my parts department.
So, my question to the forum is, "Where can I get a service manual to tell me torque values, valve clearences, etc.?"  I live in west central Florida.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks !
BTW, This is just a repair job, not an overhaul.  Any thing that I should know about the engine?  I know Deutz can be a mother to reseal the jug and head.

Doug

Re: Lister-Petter LPA3A001 Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:05:09 AM »
I don't know.... Do they have Lister/Petter dealers in the USA?
If your stuck maybe you could email them in England or Phone a Canadian dealer.

jppumper

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:45 AM »
Yes, there are dealers in the US.  I am trying to make it easy for my parts people here in the states.  I thought that someone in the forum could help.

lgsracer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 01:29:43 AM »

jppumper

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 01:00:07 PM »
Thank you very much.  That is what I was asking for, a little help. It looks like what I need.  I'll check it out at work in about 1 hour.