Puppeteer

Author Topic: Ashwamegh Information  (Read 4986 times)

schoust

• View Profile
Ashwamegh Information
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »
   Does anyone know where I can get some info on these Listeroids?I am thinking about buying a 14-1 or a 15-1 and I would like to know what type of bearings and lurication they are using.Is there a websight?I could not find any info???

Procrustes

• View Profile
Re: Ashwamegh Information
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 04:14:41 PM »

schoust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 04:41:56 PM »
   Thanks Pro thats what I was looking for.Ok now the question has shifted to rpm I see the engine that I was looking at makes 14hp at 1000 rpm I'm thinking this is now longer a slow speed engine like I desired to begin with??Any coments on the diferance in durability are welcome...

rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »
i have a 2 cylinder 12 hp ashwamegh and like it alot. it runs smoother than a single. and is only 650 rpm.

schoust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 07:55:33 PM »
   Rocket how much work is involved to get evrything in sink as in injector pumps etc.If I'm not mistaken the twins have two of evrything is this correct??

kyradawg

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:06 PM »
 Peace&Love, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 07:48:49 PM by kyradawg »

GerryH

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »
Hi schoust,
check out utterpower.com for his comments on slow speed and keeping it simple. He used to sell Ashwamegh, but has stated they will not stand behind their product. If you want to run at 1000 rpm a Chanfa is smaller and cheap and just as noisy ::)
Gerry

Stevels

• The Crisco Cowboy
  • Computer geek gone low tech!
    • View Profile
    • My alternitive engine projects
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »
Since I am not actually finished with my system, I admit my advice at this point is purely speculative.  But I simply love the idea of running an engine at as slow a speed as possible, if for no other reason than I just think it is damn cool.  If I could get a 3HP running at 150RPM I would!!  I went out of my way to get a 650 RPM motor even though it cost me HP to do it.  Slow diesels seem to me as though they would burn their fuel more thoroughly, create less polution, less wear on every involved moving part, and run longer and quieter than a faster engine.  Even if I am wrong, it still sounds cool to the ear – isn’t that worth something. 

Hell, if I wanted to be cost effective, wouldn’t I get a cheap 3600RPM high output motor and not be on this forum?

I will let you know once I am in production, in the meantime, slow is sexy! and I am sticking to that story!  ;D
Converting everything I own to run on WVO