Puppeteer

Author Topic: need listeroid in texas  (Read 5232 times)

olice

• View Profile
need listeroid in texas
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:58:39 PM »
Hello, new to list, trying to find out more info on setting up a oil press on my farm maybe a 2ton press with a listeroid or changfa for power, First question is there anyone  in texas running or selling the listeroids or  oil press?  I know there is a outfit in dallas selling  listeroids  on ebay, has anyone had a sucessful contact with these folks or bought a engine or generator for them? So far i  have not been able to schedule a visit to look at the engines they have.?? thanks olice in texas
2.5, 6, 8 stover
4hp fuller and johnson
3, 10hp fairbanks
5,6,7,1.75 hp economy
lailang 12.6 hp diesel
chanfa type 6.6 hp
wanted listeroid

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
Re: need listeroid in texas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »
Olice,

Welcome!  Just a thought.  You are in oil country.  If you need a fair bit of power you could forget about getting involved with an Indian  clone engine with QC issues and get a real McCoy slow speed oilfield engine!  All you`d need is a pickup truck and some time.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:18:55 PM »
Yep, there are a lot of real Listers around the area. I have seen a lot of the HA/HB/HR series used on pump jacks. Many are still in operation. I am refurbishing a batch of these in central Kansas and they have clutches and drive pulleys of a more modern design than available with the Indian clones. The H series Lister is bulletproof with a little routine maintenance and has very good parts support even for the HA/HB that were only produced 2 years as far as I can tell. These can be run from 2500 rpm down to 900 rpm with no problem. In addition this seems to be the engine of choice for many alternative fuel projects I've looked into a bit - even though they are direct injected. The flywheel on this type is fully enclosed in a cast iron housing and thus will accept a direct drive clutch or other device to make for a very solid and safe machine. They also have camshaft extensions so power can be taken from either end of the machine, electric starters so you can start up easily in cold weather. I am happy to get you any specifications you desire.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:47:27 AM »
I'm picking up a lovson 20-2 and an st15kw tomarrow from your Texas dealer.  I'll be posting my experiences and hopefully pictures of these machines as I get into them.
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

olice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 05:13:04 AM »
thanks , i am looking forward to your post, I have called the dallas outfit several times all i have gotten so far is a recording.  Anyway i wish you good luck with your engine and generator and am looking forward to your post.
                                                                                                                             olice
2.5, 6, 8 stover
4hp fuller and johnson
3, 10hp fairbanks
5,6,7,1.75 hp economy
lailang 12.6 hp diesel
chanfa type 6.6 hp
wanted listeroid

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 02:51:29 AM »
Olice,
I too struck out on phone contact with these folks.  However Sharon is very prompt and helpful by email.   My new Lovson 20-2 and gen head are sitting in the truck bed in my driveway.  I will unload and uncrate in the morning.  Life is an adventure.
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

Glenn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:09:10 AM »
Olice, If you want a listeroid you can contact Doug Waggonner in Catoosa, Ok. Here's a link to his web site: http://hometown.aol.com/westernstar66/indianlisters.html

His Email is: WesternStar66@aol.com

I have purchased a 6/1 and a 24/2 with a 15 kw gen set from him. He's a good man to deal with, he works for Arrow Engine Co.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:12:37 AM by Glenn »

cschuerm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
After having a pretty negative experience with a vendor  in Dallas who sells  on ebay, I purchased a 20/2 from RMPS and have another on order from Doug in Catoosa.   The Vidhata I got from  RMPS seems to be pretty good so far.  The 24/2 from Doug should be here within a couple weeks and I'll report back on it's condition after I get it.

Chris

olice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 02:38:25 AM »
i will try the folks in oklahoma, the dallas guy just does not seem to be a upfront kind of  businessman, i cant see him lasting anyway.  If i have to I will try to find a chinese diesel or  a older antique engine fairbanks ,stover, witte or a krueger atlas. The affordable oilfield engines are getting harder and harder to find  even in  west  texas  maybe i will hunt something up, they have about disappeared from east texas.  Still looking in texas olice
2.5, 6, 8 stover
4hp fuller and johnson
3, 10hp fairbanks
5,6,7,1.75 hp economy
lailang 12.6 hp diesel
chanfa type 6.6 hp
wanted listeroid