Author Topic: No longer a Lister virgin - would like confirmation on model #  (Read 10919 times)

John Bartley

No longer a Lister virgin - would like confirmation on model #
« on: October 30, 2006, 12:14:32 PM »
I picked up this generator at an auction sale recently figuring that it would make a good backup unit if it ran and generated. It was cheap enough that if it didn't work it wouldn't matter as I could fix it. Here's a link to a photo :

http://oldradioz.com/john/misc/HawkPower/LeftRr.jpg

The  sticker says "Hawk Power" which I have learned is a Lister-Petter generator brand? There is no generator model number tag or sticker anywhere "on" the fresh paint, so I figure it must be "under" it somewhere - I'll look more closely once I get it craned out of the truck. (I'm thinking about leaving it in the truck for winter traction  ;D)

The engine has a tag which reads 1463SR118 / 6hp, so my research on the web says it's the 1463'rd model SR1 motor made in 1968?

My next search is for an owners/operators manual, so I guess I'll burn some telephone electrons today and see if I can locate one from a dealer (ha! - not likely :) )

The starting has me a (just a bit) worried. Will that crank handle really spin freeely on the start shaft? I have it well lubed and I've made sure that the spring loaded dog is moving freely.

cheers from Ontario

DaveW

• View Profile
Re: No longer a Lister virgin - would like confirmation on model #
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 12:26:22 PM »
  Congratulations!  Now keep an eye on ebay for manuals, if you don't find one anywhere else.  I noticed SR manuals regularly on ebay while I was searching for my ST manuals.  Someone over the pond also has manuals on CD if you can't find the real thing.  You might want to think about the repair manual as well, the operators manual is rather thin on these engines.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 02:24:55 PM »
Ontario??  where abouts?

JohnF and I are in the Ottawa area.  I think Doug is in Sudbury
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
Welcome to world of stationary engines John!

Your in good possition with that Lister because of better parts availability.

Doug

listerdiesel

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 11:01:16 PM »
  Congratulations!  Now keep an eye on ebay for manuals, if you don't find one anywhere else.  I noticed SR manuals regularly on ebay while I was searching for my ST manuals.  Someone over the pond also has manuals on CD if you can't find the real thing.  You might want to think about the repair manual as well, the operators manual is rather thin on these engines.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Parts List For Lister LR And Sr 1-2-3 Cylinder Air Cooles Diesel Engines (Book 1028PL) (ISBN: 0000000000)
Anonymous
Bookseller: Hemingway's Books (Sumas, WA, U.S.A.)   Price: US$ 20.00
Quantity: 1    Shipping within U.S.A.:US$ 3.00 

Book Description: Hawker Siddeley. Trade Paperback. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. USED 1975 Hawker Siddeley trade paperback. Minor crease to cront wrap, amendments were taped to inside front cover have come loose, very slight age-tanning, else is a VG+ copy. Ships Within Two Business Days - Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # 37811

Instruction Book Lister LR and SR 1-2-3 Cylinder Air Cooled Diesel Engines (Book 1028) (ISBN: 0000000000)
Bookseller: Hemingway's Books (Sumas, WA, U.S.A.)   Price: US$ 20.00 
Quantity: 1    Shipping within U.S.A.:US$ 3.00 

Book Description: Hawker Siddeley. Trade paperback. Book Condition: VERY GOOD. USED 1974 Hawker Siddeley trade paperback. Minor crease to corner of front wrap, "14" written large and circled in red ink on cover, else is a like new copy. Ships Within Two Business Days - Satisfaction Guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # 37813

Their email address is:  hemibooks@yahoo.com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Peter

John Bartley

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 01:15:07 AM »
Well !!  What can I say .... thank you all for the information!!

Peter, I will follow up on getting those manuals. I'm a bit fussy about having all the manuals for the stuff I own.

Where am I ??  I'm in Stittsville, which is just west of Ottawa. We from Stittsville tend to think of Ottawa as a suburb of ours :) .

I can hardly wait to get this thing out of the truck and crank 'er up :D.

cheers

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 04:27:35 AM »
Stitsville??  Hell I was out by the Carp dump the other day, I'm in Navan

RonC has a local Listeroid too.  that makes 4 in the Capital.  We will have to do a drinking tour to see them all in action
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 02:06:20 PM »
John,

I have some stuff on the SR that you are unlikely to find elsewhere. Dealer training data and the like. Also the standard manuals scanned and cleaned as pdf computer files. I have this posted in the marketplace and also the "how-to" sections. Hope you enjoy your engine.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

John Bartley

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
John,

I have some stuff on the SR that you are unlikely to find elsewhere. Dealer training data and the like. Also the standard manuals scanned and cleaned as pdf computer files. I have this posted in the marketplace and also the "how-to" sections. Hope you enjoy your engine.

Gary
diesel-electric.us

Hi Gary,

I'd be interested in what you have available. Currently I have a Parts List and an Owners Manual on the way (from Lister before I found this forum), but I'd like to get a proper Service Manual with torque specs, clearances etc...

Also, the motor has a Winpower alternator on it. The model is a CM4L4A, serial # BB-2018-12 and while they were very helpfull, Winpower has no info. I'd like to get a Parts List for that also.

My email is oldrad@sympatico.ca

cheers

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »
I have a training publication for the model and also the Service/Instruction Manual and all the parts you would ever need. I can ship out of Alaska or Kansas inventories.

I may also be able to find some old Winco documentation but will take a little time to research for you.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

John Bartley

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
I have a training publication for the model and also the Service/Instruction Manual and all the parts you would ever need. I can ship out of Alaska or Kansas inventories.

I may also be able to find some old Winco documentation but will take a little time to research for you.

Gary
diesel-electric.us

Gary,

It would be nice to get the Winpower info if you can find it and I probably would be interested in the SR info you have described above. I'm not in a rush for this stuff, so I will wait for an email from you about price and availability.

cheers and thank you!!

aqmxv

• Duty Now for the Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »
I don't suppose anybody here has any old Generac lit?  I've got a belt-drive gen head from I think the 1970s that I wouldn't mind having more part numbers for.

6/1 Metro IDI for home trigen

John Bartley

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 09:07:21 PM »
I can have a look if you wish - we have a complete set of Generac microfiche at work - do you have any model # info?

cheers

aqmxv

• Duty Now for the Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 06:24:43 AM »
Well, it's branded as Sears & Roebuck.  I didn't know it was a Generac product until I took it apart.  I can give you some part numbers (there's a voltmeter and a solid state voltage regulator that carry generac numbers), but I have no idea what generac's model number is for this thing.

Sears part number is 580.320621

6/1 Metro IDI for home trigen

John Bartley

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 12:52:17 PM »
Sears part number is 580.320621

That oughta' do for a start anyway. I'll be back into work some time next week (I only work odd days now that we're in the quiet part of the season) and I'll see what I can find.

cheers