Puppeteer

Author Topic: No longer a Lister virgin - would like confirmation on model #  (Read 10991 times)

aqmxv

• Duty Now for the Future
    • View Profile
Re: No longer a Lister virgin - would like confirmation on model #
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »
Thanks for whatever you can dig up.  I do have the Sears owners manual.  What I don't have is any crosses to Generac part numbers.  I strongly suspect that Sears doesn't service this thing anymore, but it's possible that Generac might.  At least, if I had a Generac parts list, I'd be able to search the right parts inventory numbers...

6/1 Metro IDI for home trigen

Stan

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »
Hey John.....would you have any documentation on a Generac Model 6198-0  Ser# 0306152  (115V, 20.8Amps)??
Stan

John Bartley

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2006, 11:21:58 PM »
Hi Stan,

I'll have a look for that also and I'll let you know next week sometime :).

cheers

John Bartley

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 06:18:55 PM »
Hey John.....would you have any documentation on a Generac Model 6198-0  Ser# 0306152  (115V, 20.8Amps)??
Stan

Hi Stan

The best I could do is scan the microfiche. It's Generac card # 48, grids F1 and F2. Here's a link to a scan that I inverted (1.2mb) :

http://www3.sympatico.ca/oldrad/Misc/6198-0.jpg

I hope this helps a bit.

cheers

John Bartley

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
Well, it's branded as Sears & Roebuck.  I didn't know it was a Generac product until I took it apart.  I can give you some part numbers (there's a voltmeter and a solid state voltage regulator that carry generac numbers), but I have no idea what generac's model number is for this thing.

Sears part number is 580.320621

Well, it appears that the Generac model number for this is 6548-1. So far I am unable to find a parts listing on micro-fiche, but that may change. At least you know the oem model # now.

UPDATE ::

The model # 580320621 is available in parts list and illustration on the Sears USA website but is NOT available on the Generac microfiche. The part numbers shown ARE oem Generac part numbers and you would have to give those to a local Briggs and Stratton dealer (as far as I know) to cross reference to current Generac part numbers as Briggs has taken over the Generac "portables" servicing. If it's industrial/RV, then I'm not sure where you'd source parts.

cheers
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 06:56:48 PM by John Bartley »

aqmxv

• Duty Now for the Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »
Sorry for the slow reply, but thanks very much for the info!  Knowing that the part numbers are Generac numbers, and that the local B&S dealer might be able to get them for me is a big help.
6/1 Metro IDI for home trigen