Author Topic: Interesting changfa type vehicle  (Read 7230 times)

dkwflight

• View Profile
Interesting changfa type vehicle
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

DaveW

• View Profile
Re: Interesting changfa type vehicle
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »
   Looks like fun, and it can do "multifarious work" with the right attachments!!

Doug

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:29:35 AM »
Thats the goofiest looking thing I've ever seen.....

There is a class of vehicle in China called a Converted tractor that for liscencing purposes is considered a tractor but is in reality a slow 60 kph truck with cargo ranges up to 2000 kg. Most use a China diesel to power them and sell for about $3000 - 5000 USD ( now you know where your radiator Changfa varient is derived ).

These are winding up in all kinds of third world countries where the roads are rough and farmer wish to move produce to market.

Ugly, like you wouldn't believe. I contact a few builders about them with the hopes of buying a body and chasi combination that could be upgraded to a a mine utility truck. It went no where unless you want to buy 20 or so at once.

They make some interesting products intended for the home market. I wish we built an off road work truck along the same lines here in Canada, but people won't buy low speed trucks....

This is interesting a Chinese mining truck ( still ugly )
http://fambition.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/54257045/Sell_Dump_Truck/showimg.html

A newer low speed truck
http://chinaauto-export.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/53923919/Sell_Mini_Truck/showimg.html
http://www.alibaba.com/manufacturer/12788840/Sell_Mini_Truck/showimg.html

This is closer to what I was looking for
http://shifeng.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/53444928/Sell_7YPJ_1150_Huale_Vehicle.html

Doug
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:47:10 AM by Doug »

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:02:05 AM »
i like the china auto mini truck,,, pretty cool

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Doug

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 02:58:51 AM »
Sure is cool Bob!

Amagine if you could buy that for under 7000, with a diesel and dump box ( most have dump boxes ). That would probably be the perfect machine for around rural home/hobby farm. Why waste money on a Gattor/RTV/Quad if you don't need 4WD.....

Doug

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 03:28:06 AM »
i saw a very similar truck, on a trailer the other day
looked like a 2/3 scale vw vanpickup of the 60's ,, made by honda, and it was 4 wheel drive to boot.

looked like it had 12" wheels on it,, really small and cute as heck.

with a diesel i would be in heaven :)

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:26:56 AM »
Hi
When I was in Korea in the mid 70s I would see a dump truck on some of the construction sites. A three wheel  or rather five wheel, duals on the back and 9 or 10x20 tires.
I also used to see what would compare to a dually american pick up with a load like you could not believe on the back. If it was hay or some thing like that, the boys would unload by rocking the truck until it would lay over on its side and then they would get in and somehow drive the truck out from under the load! the truck must have had some sort of locking drive axel.
Dennis

listeroidsusa

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:02:33 AM »
A couple of years ago we imported a container of the 3 wheel pickup trucks. They had the 20 hp changfa and a 3 speed transmission, 16" military tires and wheels, and a hydraulic dump bed. At the time those trucks were priced from <1000- 3000, depending upon the options. The mini truck cabover trucks started at $1500. The one pictured above is a Wuling, and the payload is more than the empty weight of the truck! They are available with a 4 cylinder perkins diesel, A/C, and 4WD as well. Its a shame we can't import them anymore. I'd love to have one for the road. The diesel version gets between 40 and 55 mpg. I drove one and up to 55 they are great. It would make a good alternative to the Cummins and Super duty trucks if just used around town and back an forth to work.

Mike Montieth

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 01:31:06 AM »
Hi I think you could call a three wheeler a motorcycle.
I think the rules are lower for motor cycles.

http://www.zapworld.com/ZAPWorld.aspx?id=390

An electric three wheeler! from chiina!
Dennis

Doug

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 01:40:29 AM »
One thing to keep in mind about the "converted tractor" machines is they tend to be built on the cheap. Not a like Listeroid but rather improvised to carry weight not ride nice or handle or brake like we expect...

I don't know if you could even get one on the road....

Doug

d3ejmz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 02:08:19 AM »
A couple of years ago we imported a container of the 3 wheel pickup trucks. They had the 20 hp changfa and a 3 speed transmission, 16" military tires and wheels, and a hydraulic dump bed. At the time those trucks were priced from <1000- 3000, depending upon the options. The mini truck cabover trucks started at $1500. The one pictured above is a Wuling, and the payload is more than the empty weight of the truck! They are available with a 4 cylinder perkins diesel, A/C, and 4WD as well. Its a shame we can't import them anymore. I'd love to have one for the road. The diesel version gets between 40 and 55 mpg. I drove one and up to 55 they are great. It would make a good alternative to the Cummins and Super duty trucks if just used around town and back an forth to work.

Mike Montieth

Hey Mike,
   Can one get these things registered? or do they come under a "farm implement" exemption?

Jim