Author Topic: Vidhata Video  (Read 4453 times)

fattywagonman

• View Profile
Vidhata Video
« on: October 15, 2006, 06:03:17 AM »

DaveW

• View Profile
Re: Vidhata Video
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »
  This has already been posted, still interesting.  A comment I think GF made was the lack of standards in evidence and the sloppy way the measurements  were being done.  So just recently when I was browsing through a manufacturer's site and saw image after image of standards laid out I remembered the previous comments.  May be that they read these pages, reckon?  Back in my military days the sarcastic comment of the day was "good enough for government work" the work shown on this video isn't even up to those standards.

Doug

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
Some people are reading and listening....

Proof?

Mr. Khan from GTC replacing the B/O block for Cujet once it became a subject of conversation here.

Improved oil pumps from Anand and brass idler gear when it became a subject of conversation here and at rocket boys site.

Of course they watch and read, but Rome wasn't built in a day and change takes time....

Doug

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

DaveW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 11:59:13 PM »
  Beautiful sound.  It seems to be a cluttered scene for a running engine,  but the thing I notice (not trying to start anything) is how smoothly it runs.  Must have something to do with the large Lister lettering on it.  A video like that makes me want to toss the plans to visit family and instead go across the pond and start the grand search for my own green machine.  Think the boss would mind?

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 12:49:15 AM »
  Wouldn't OSHA have a field day!! No eye or ear protection (how many db's ya figure in the test room) no exhaust collection, no respirators....these guys are heros. I'll never badmouth Indian quality again. Loved the guy with the BFH "installing" flywheels, or was he torture testing crank bearings?    Bill
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

fuddyduddy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:58:33 AM »
He actually was fitting the cam seal with tender  loving care.

The Indians use a technique some U.S. East Coast mechanics use; cut to size, hammer to  fit, and paint to match.

DaveW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 01:54:16 AM »
  Not just the east coast.  Sad, but there it is. I have a neighbor working in the rain today replacing brakes on his wife's van, last two times he had it done the job lasted about six months,  pulled the rotors and they had never been turned or surfaced, pads were the cheapest to be found.  Not what he paid for.  I have a brother in law in the wilds of West Texas, a mechanic, does every job like he was working on his wife's car.  Can't get any rest, they hunt him down and are willing to wait til he can get to their truck.  Doesn't advertise, and has to turn work away.  I drive 564 miles to get my truck serviced, I have over 300,000 miles on old red truck and it runs like it was new.  It will be a sad day went he hangs up his wrenches.  More and more it seems the obvious is overlooked - do the best job you can and you will never have to hunt for work....

Doug

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 02:26:29 AM »
I'm still impressed by the idea these fellows can build anything at all with basic of tools and clearly the machine tools aren't top of the line. If you can built something that runs at all you can fix it under worse conditions. Another overlooked point on this video is they are building the low end cheapest version of the Petter, The TRB piston pump lubricated engine.

The TRB Petter is general purpose engine. There are those here who would argue that point but the Premium engines with good A2 goveners have real oil pumps and bushings.

Somedays I'd like to work in a factory setting again building a complete product from foundry to paint shop but not under these conditions. At least I know we could do this kind thing here again some day if needed.

Doug