Author Topic: minipetter parts  (Read 10422 times)

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
minipetter parts
« on: October 14, 2006, 10:18:58 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get a rocker box cover gasket and an o-ring for the fuel injector for my 3.5 minipetter? I tried George but no luck.

Doug

Re: minipetter parts
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 01:54:41 AM »
You may need to make the gasket, not hard but use Cork....
The copper washer you want, find a Bosche dealer that rebuilds injection pumps, the one I deal with here in Sudbury seems to be able to fabricate or find anypart even stuff that isn't Bosche.

Check your decompressor handle for an O ring that fits in the groove near the handle end. If its Missing thats a Cat part ( Or rather I found a perfect match in CAT O ring spares kit. But its probably a standard size ring. )

I don't know how big a mini Petter rocker box cover gasket is but I have a spare for big Petter. Post rough guess measurements and I'll see If it the same and Maybe I can copy it or part with it....

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 02:59:20 AM »
The o-ring I need goes around the injector shaft in a groove about halfway down the shaft and the the shaft slides down into the injector hole. I guess it makes and airtight seal around the injector shaft.

Doug

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 03:25:07 AM »
Can you give me the MICO part number on the Injector?

If Heinneger can get the ring or match it up to my spare injector ( provided yours is the same as mine ). I'll get a quote for the parts and PM you....

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »
the number on my injector is 9430031258    elic bosh 486      That was what was written on the injector.

Doug

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:45:09 PM »
Same injector as my spare....
Wednesday I'm off work and time permitting I'll see if I can get a Bosch part or number of a part you can track.

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 12:30:34 AM »
Thanks Doug, I might also need a injector tip. Mine is only spraying out of two of the jets. Seems like it should be spraying out three ?

Doug

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 01:19:00 AM »
I don't know about the spray pattern I can't even see the holes....

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »
Doug, Would you know the torque setting on the 4 head bolts on the 3.5hp minipetter? the bolts measure about 1/2" diameter and it takes a 19mm socket to remove the nuts on them.

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 02:24:24 PM »
Doug, Would you know the torque setting on the 4 head bolts on the 3.5hp minipetter? the bolts measure about 1/2" diameter and it takes a 19mm socket to remove the nuts on them.

Ron,

`m gonna take an edumedicated guess at 65 (sixty-five) foot pounds.  Sorry about not answering this question on your other post, I got distracticated.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

Doug

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 10:01:02 PM »
I have torque settings for the head bolts for the Big Petter but in metric and I haven't converted back yet...

I can't get my head bolts to budge so I assume the torque is mind bending...

Bad day, after 3 weeks of tinkering my Gib key is getting ugly. I haven't enough room for any sort of puller.
The Key is soft and the marks from its setting lead me to believe some force was used to set it ( to say the least

Stripped 4 studs for my Rocker Box trying to get access to pul the head.
5/16 W bolts are $4.00 a piece

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 11:46:10 PM »
I have my minipetter torqued to 90lbs now but it still weeps a little antifreeze around the bolts. When I got it brand new it was weeping coolant around the bolts. Im going to take off the head this weekend and clean the valves and ports. Possibly regrind the valves.

Doug

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:23:21 AM »
No fear of coolant weeping on mine.

I don't think I've ever seen 4 nuts screwed so tight in my life.

My head checked out flat, but I took the option to cut new seats as insurance...
I just wish I could swap the heads out...

Doug

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »
Does anyone know where I can buy a fuel injector nozzle for my minipetter 3.5 hp. the part number on the old one is...9430031258   e lic bosh 486 india  . Also can my old one be dissembled? The old one is down to only one jet spraying and I have soaked it in acetone and blew air into it but it wont unclog. Engine wont start on one spray.  :(

Doug

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 03:27:47 AM »
Peter says of you change the first digit 9 to a zero this will cross reference to a Bosch number...

Doug