Author Topic: Looking fo opinions on my 6/1 modifications  (Read 10208 times)

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
Re: Looking fo opinions on my 6/1 modifications
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 02:28:51 PM »
Check out Rocketboy's post and his pics. He is using a full flow filter with good results. He fabricated his own setup. Then Anand sent him the India version.

Because I have a twin, a full flow pressure filter is very difficult to fabricate, as all the oil lines are internal. It would take some very creative drilling to add a spin on filter. I went with a bypass and I sincerely hope that it is sufficient. But I can clearly see the risk.

I also wonder about adding screens to the drilled dippers. Some sort of last chance filter here would work also.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 02:45:29 PM »
Chris,
I put a hollow dipper on my Vidhata....seems to work fine...Trying to filter the dipper would restrict the flow considerably....I believe. Crud still has access through the top of the rod. I just change my oil regualary and monitor the so;ids in the sump...so far so good! Thanks for the lead on the filter setup...I'll look into it.
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 02:34:17 AM »
Hotater....you get us a flow test yet? ;D I finished up with my slinger today....here are a few pics...drilled out fine..slight fit issue on assembly into engine case....glad I checked before I put the TRB back on! You can see the modification on the back edge of the slinger...5.25" dia X .5" wide is the max you can assemble! ;D  I made mine 5.5" dia. .....more power! I'll get things ready this weekend for the balance shop. Then the next upgrade...Filter system for fuel and oil.

Here is what I got so far

Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 11:22:58 PM »
I like your modification and I'm planning on doing a similar slinger using aluminum.  The one question I have is why you chose to drill the oil hole to the inside of the rod journal?  If you drilled the hole to the outside, its outlet would be the farthest out point of the centrifical system giving it the maximum oil pressure.  Putting it to the inside might povide a sort of sump to collect any debris (limiting its movement into the bearing) but it seems that this could be done with a screen or the like.  It also makes a kind of cup which will tend to hold the oil rather than sling it out.  I don't know if a standard pressure engine is drilled on the inside or the out, but it seems to me that the centifical system works a bit different than a pressure system.  I'm not trying to be critical, just planning out a
copy" of your engenious system

Morgan

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 03:36:09 AM »
Morgan,
The location of the hole was a debate for sure. One reason I went for the inside was I also plan to install a dipper and since they will line up when the dipper is at its optimum it might backwash back through the oil supply. The dipper is a just because I have one and if there is a oil pump failure it will still be ahead of the stock lubrication set-up. I am not to worried about crud because the oil supply to the slinger will be filtered also the slinger will act as a centrifuge. The crude will sling to the outside. Early BMW motorcycles had the same type set-up. It took some work to get the sediment out after it had packed in for a few years. The centrifical pressure will supply plenty of oil to the journal. Lots more than a dipper or splash for sure 360 degrees of it. I wasn't after pressure mostly volume. I haven't done the math but the rotating oil inside the slinger will create a fair amount of pressure. If it is 2# I'll be tickled. We have to keep it in perspective(LOL..just laughing at myself and all the crap I've done to make it better so I think?!?!)....these thing were splash and if maintained would go a long time. 
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA