Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister CD on ebayuk--  (Read 4777 times)

hotater

• View Profile
Lister CD on ebayuk--
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:52:13 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160036561872&fromMakeTrack=true

The same guy has some other stationary engines AND everything but the head of another CD.

CD=  7 HP@ 1000 rpm, enclosed valve train and pressurized oil delivery.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 04:08:26 AM by hotater »
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Doug

Re: Lister CD on ebayuk--
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 02:14:26 AM »
That is real nice engine!!!!

I wish that India made these, I'd buy one!!

Doug

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:50:13 AM »
I sure wish a guy actually NEEDED more than a half a dozen or so of these things....... ::)

Some would say half a dozen is too many, but I disagree....and there's no woman to argue about it with!   ;D

That CD has flipped my knickers! 
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:00:32 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160036561872&fromMakeTrack=true

The same guy has some other stationary engines AND everything but the head of another CD.

CD=  7 HP@ 1000 rpm, enclosed valve train and pressurized oil delivery.

Do you need a CD head?

That engine numberd does not appear to be correct, it puts the engine post-1951 when they were out of production, I have asked him to confirm the number. 365064 is the last CD on the 'official' factory listing.

Peter

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »
Peter--

ARE there CD heads available??

Any informaition about the model that will affect my cravings?    ;)

listerdiesel

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 03:26:13 PM »
Peter--

ARE there CD heads available??

Any informaition about the model that will affect my cravings?    ;)

We have a secondhand CD head in the workshop, do you need one for something?

The CD and CE were castly overengineered compared with the 5/1 and variants, the CD has 4 main bearings the CE has the extra centre main. Gear oil pump, dry sump option, there was a marine variant with shortened crank and block machined to take a Lister marine gearbox as well.

They were a good engine, overtaken by the FR 'Freedom Range' engines which was the first 'system' engine range that Lister designed and produced.

Nothing to like or dislike, they were better suited to dirty conditions as everything was enclosed, pumps and injectors are very close to 5/1 but slightly different spec.

We have a CD generator and a CE engine. Spares are not good, but you don't need that many usually. Clean oil is the biggest insurance!

There is a version that is very common in the UK, used for GPO (General Post Office) telephone repeater stations. This has the largest flywheels you can get on any lister, SOM's included, and came on a 14ft long CAST bedplate with two generators and a starter/dynamo. Made by Austinlite in the UK, there are a few of these around still. Ours is one, and the other is a dry-sump version of the same engine.

Lots of UK guys don't like them for some reason, but I find them as good as any Lister engine and would always have a place in the collection for them.

8hp from the CD and 16hp from the CE makes them slightly better on generator performance than the 5/1 and variants, and they are 1000/1200rpm so slightly more useful. Piston rings are the same as the 5/1 and 6/1, that is also useful!

We have a manual if you need further information.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »