Puppeteer

Author Topic: Oil line conversion  (Read 5300 times)

Doug

Oil line conversion
« on: October 02, 2006, 02:14:46 AM »
Anyone who has a Petteroid knows it has a lot of external lines for critical parts like the rocker box, main bearings and oil filter. I have a stripped oil line to my rocker box and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on converting the whole mess of lines from Banjo to pipe and JCB then just run common hydraulic lines.

Any thoughts?

Doug

slowspeed1953

• View Profile
Re: Oil line conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 03:31:00 AM »
Hey Doug, these guys has all the pieces you would need.

http://classictube.com/

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 03:32:58 AM by slowspeed1953 »

gpkull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:48:40 AM »
banjo is hard to beat maybe flexable lines instead of rigid is the answer for you.

slowspeed1953

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:35:24 PM »
Banjo's all the way if you download the catalog from classic tube they have banjo fittings that thread on to braided/rubber/whatever lines. They've got some really cool fittings check em out!

Pecae&Love :D, Darren

Doug

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »
Actualy I was able to get a replacement from the local Deutz dealer.

freeby I brought them doughnuts and my 2 year son old charmed them.

I'll look into the hydraulic lines. If you can thread a fitting with JCB on one end and what ever pipe is in the Listeroids/Petteroid on the other then its simple to crimp some hoses for oil line.

The Duezt guys can make any injection line at the shop so that not an issue. They nebver heard of Mico so it kind of a curiousity to them.

Doug

listerdiesel

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 08:12:10 AM »
They never heard of Mico so it kind of a curiousity to them.
Doug

Mico were the first Bosch licencee in India, I have an early equivalents chart here for checking on parts that folks ask me about.

They were set up by Bosch who tried to do their own thing, but the Indian Government were then still refusing to let big international co's set up, preferring instead to do business with the big state-owned TATA group, who had fingers in almost everything.

Peter