Author Topic: Changzuki Projectoid  (Read 10511 times)

quinnf

Changzuki Projectoid
« on: January 03, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »
This looks like it would be too much fun.  http://psychicworldusa.com/Diesel_Bike/Suzuki.html

Somebody talk me out of it, PLEASE!

SHIPCHIEF

• View Profile
Re: Changzuki Projectoid
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »
Not Me! ;)
I have a URAL sidecar rig that gets a diesel when the russian BMW clone engine bites the big one (somehow I'm looking forward to it :-\)
Scott E
Ashwamegh 25/2 & ST12
Lister SR2 10Kw 'Long Edurance' genset on a 10 gallon sump/skid,
Onan 6.5NH in an old Jeager Compressor trailer and a few CCK's

Doug

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 12:33:19 AM »
I seem to recall a company in Ukraine manufacturing a real diesel steet bike way back in the 80s....

Doug 

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:19:41 AM »
Well, I couldn't resist.  I ordered the CD Thursday, it arrived today Priority Mail.  Nicely put together, arranged in easy to follow and well illustrated pdf chapters. 
Also a bunch of video.  CrazyJerry has a winner here.

The bike looks like a fairly easy project, sounds GREAT and Jerry is a great guy to deal with.

Now, if I put this in the stack of pending projects  - should get to it in 2 or three years.
A country boy can survive - Hank Williams Jr.

n2toh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 02:45:12 AM »
Well, I couldn't resist.  I ordered the CD Thursday, it arrived today Priority Mail.  Nicely put together, arranged in easy to follow and well illustrated pdf chapters. 
Also a bunch of video.  CrazyJerry has a winner here.

The bike looks like a fairly easy project, sounds GREAT and Jerry is a great guy to deal with.

Now, if I put this in the stack of pending projects  - should get to it in 2 or three years.

I've been trying to get Jerry's email, I'd like to see what the bike would do if turbocharged.
About 60 years is all it takes to make science fiction a reality.

quinnf

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 03:29:34 AM »
Rgroves,

So what, pray tell, is the Comet Clutch all about?  I've looked around on the 'net and haven't found much other than references to drag racing and ATVs.

Inquiring minds and idle hands and all that . . .

Quinn

quinnf

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 03:35:27 AM »
There's also one from F1 Engineering that they are building on a Kawasaki KLR650 platform.  A civillian version is supposed to become available 1Q '06, like any day now.

http://www.f1engineering.com/diesel%20bike%20specs.html

...which is 10 for 10 in coolness.  Downside is price for the civillian version is said to be somewhere between 12 and 20 kilobucks.  At that price, perhaps only Arnie will be able to afford one. 

Can't find the link right now.   No time.  But look for it and you'll find it.

Quinn

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 04:05:07 AM »
It's a torque converter, taking the place of the transmission and allows the engine to run within a narrow rpm band (as diesels like to do).  Uses a thick rubber belt, and moves it  across the variable diameter of the drive discs and the driven discs to change the ratio automatically based on throttle setting and rear wheel feedback. The driven disc powers a jackshaft, which in turn drives the sprocket. From there backward it's stock chain drive.

I'd never heard of one, now I'm wondering how many other power transmission uses this thing might have. 

I bet Jerry would be happy to burn one of these for you too. 

Rgroves,

So what, pray tell, is the Comet Clutch all about?  I've looked around on the 'net and haven't found much other than references to drag racing and ATVs.

Quinn

A country boy can survive - Hank Williams Jr.

Stan

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 05:14:19 AM »
Bolens snowblowers used a similar system back in the '70s.  I seem to remember hearing about a new SUV that uses something like it these days, can't remember which one now.  Uses a metaloid disk connected to the engine and another disk at right angles which moves back and forth across the face of the metal disk for ratio chanes.  Something like that.  The Chinese winch is worth looking at too.
Stan

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 05:16:39 AM »
Skidoos, Saturn Vue, and Suburu Justy all have CV clutch
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

quinnf

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 05:25:33 AM »
Ah so deska?  So it's a CV power transmission.  I thought it might be just a centrifugal clutch and thus have limited utility. 
But if it's actually more than that . . . now where's my paypal number?   ;)

Quinn

n2toh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 05:49:48 AM »
It's a torque converter, taking the place of the transmission and allows the engine to run within a narrow rpm band (as diesels like to do).  Uses a thick rubber belt, and moves it  across the variable diameter of the drive discs and the driven discs to change the ratio automatically based on throttle setting and rear wheel feedback. The driven disc powers a jackshaft, which in turn drives the sprocket. From there backward it's stock chain drive.

I'd never heard of one, now I'm wondering how many other power transmission uses this thing might have. 

I bet Jerry would be happy to burn one of these for you too. 

Rgroves,

Quinn

Who sells these items?
About 60 years is all it takes to make science fiction a reality.

SHIPCHIEF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 05:47:37 AM »
first google search turned up:
http://www.gokartsupply.com/comet.htm
for Comet Clutch
Ashwamegh 25/2 & ST12
Lister SR2 10Kw 'Long Edurance' genset on a 10 gallon sump/skid,
Onan 6.5NH in an old Jeager Compressor trailer and a few CCK's

DirtbikePilot

• Spinning flywheels are cool....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 01:33:54 AM »
Joel Koch sells a really good comet tc for a good price. It can handle up to 40 hp and has ratios from 3.5 to 0.8 overdriven. He used the changfa cf186fe and that 94c comet to power a geo metro and it worked! I'm so looking forward to getting mine set up in a little dirt bike. If you want one, Joel can be contacted at sawyer at pacifier.com I wrote it like that so worms won't find it easily, but you know what I mean.
Currently no listeroids, sad........ very sad.....
Just some other antique engines ranging from 40 pounds to 33,000 pounds each.

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 07:15:13 PM »
My only concern with the CV variable sheave transmission system is they often take a hit on efficiency.  That has been improved somewhat for the automotive variants, but maybe not improved in the simpler systems we have available to us.

Cool concept though.

Finest regards,

troy