Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - selmawp

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Listeroid Engines / Re: our kiss program for a starter on our 10/1
« on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:56 AM »
Hi Hugh, how about a pix? It would give other people an idea on how to mount the rs.

Listeroid Engines / Re: Porting a Lister cylinder head and intake
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:09:19 PM »
Hi Quinnf, would like to point out that the engine we are running is a 10/1.

Listeroid Engines / Re: Porting a Lister cylinder head and intake
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »
Hi Tom, 73 bug only had a paper air filter, 74 and up where fuel injected and different again.

Hi shiftles, we never had the abilety to test load before and after,

Listeroid Engines / Re: Porting a Lister cylinder head and intake
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:59:03 AM »
Hi all,
Shiftless, you asked for some pictures on a ported lister head. And cujet was talking about air flow improvement.
These pictures show before and after of a head Tony ported.
Now, for a partial recap of an earlier blog entrie and how we achieved better fuel economy.
We are not engineers but we have experienced good results from the modifications we have done to our lister in the air flow department. Our measurements have been over long periods of time (months/years) keeping good records of fuel added and hours run using a hour meter.
In 2006 when the Lister arrived, the first thing we did was to tear down the head and cylinder and do the following improvements.
1. We port matched the intake and exhaust ports.
2. Machined the head for a thermostat.
3. Did a 3 angle valve job and shimmed the valve springs with a .060 spacer to increase the spring pressure.
4. Resurfaced the head.
5. Ground the lifters to make them true (as they were not square with the cam) and put a slight crown on them to cause them to spin while running.

For the 4 years following our fuel consumption was 4 hr/gal.
The average load was probably no higher than 2 kw.
We'd been running at 990rpm and probably run it about 500 hours per year.

Then in 2010 we removed the oil filled air cleaner and change it to a paper filter. We cut off the first 2 inches of the intake manifold and welded a pipe to accommodate a VW air filter.  This process caused the air intake manifold volume to be increased by slightly over 70% (from 1.3 “dia. to 1.70”dia.) This increased air flow caused the fuel consumption economy to increase a big 1.2hr/gal from 4hr/gal to 5.2hr/gal.

The next thing we did was to change the cooling system to a radiator (from my old tank system) to have a more consistent temperature in a shorter amount of start-up time. This helped to achieve 5.5hr/gal.

Lastly we changed the pulley ratio to lessen the running rpm from 990 to 770. This ultimately brought us to 5.7 hours per gallon and it has been consistent over the last three years.

Listeroid Engines / Re: Yes, my twin ran backwards today! What fun
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »
Hi, check this video simple and affective, I have 2 left.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8