Puppeteer

Author Topic: my toliet paper filter  (Read 10230 times)

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
my toliet paper filter
« on: August 27, 2006, 07:52:53 PM »
Here are a couple of pics of my toliet paper filter. http://listerengine.com/coppermine/index.php

dkwflight

• View Profile
Re: my toliet paper filter
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:02:12 PM »
Hi I'm using a TP oil filter on mine too .
I like your Sparky experiments.
Be carefull
Dennis
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

rpg52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »
Ron,
Do you have the filter plumbed to an engine or is it separate to filter fuel and/or oil?  Another filter was made of 6" Schedule 80 PVC - is that what yours is?  Thx,
Ray
PS Listeroid 6/1, 5 kW ST, Detroit Diesel 3-71, Belsaw sawmill, 12 kW ST head, '71 GMC 3/4 T, '79 GMC 1T, '59 IH T-340

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:40:13 PM »
The filter is separate from my petter. The pipe is 6" scd. 80. I just de-core three rolls of tp and drop them on the center pipe. It does a good job of filtration. I filtered some used motor oil through it and it caught a lot of sludge inside the tp rolls. I filter oil when I'm not running the petter so i stay 2 or three gallons on filtered oil ahead. the outlet is just a de-cored tire valve popped into a side drilled hole.

rpg52

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 12:11:49 AM »
ron,

Sorry, another question before I go out and buy the materials - is the center pipe 1-1/2"?  Is it capped or glued on the bottom inside the bottom 6" cap?  Thanks,
Ray
PS Listeroid 6/1, 5 kW ST, Detroit Diesel 3-71, Belsaw sawmill, 12 kW ST head, '71 GMC 3/4 T, '79 GMC 1T, '59 IH T-340

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 04:15:25 PM »
So what do you do with the oily TP after use??  I mean its now too slick to use around your anus looking for Klingons LOL
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »
So what do you do with the oily TP after use??

I burn the ones from my Frantz on the end of a pipe. Makes a nice torch.

Ron, It doesn't look like the TP fits tightly to either the inner or outer PVC pipe. If so, how do you get the oil to go through the TP and not around it? I want to do the same thing but I want the TP to fit tightly in the tube. I'll completly plug the center hole with a dowel or something and let gravity push the oil through the TP lengthwise.

Thanks, Geno
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:58:53 PM by Geno »

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 09:33:21 PM »
Geno---

Here's the one I made.  It could be altered some to use TP but I use paper towels and want the oil to travel lengthways through the roll to filter.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/2745380390028237237AYpdse

I use the old ones to burn brush piles....or leave in a neighbor's mailbox.    :-X
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Hotater: Mine will be *something* like that when I'm done.

http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=1002.msg13143#msg13143

Thanks, Geno

Addition: I saw one of those "cheese" tanks the other day for 75.00$ How do they hold up in the sun?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:16:37 PM by Geno »

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »
Holding up OK... I notice not long ago a big constuction outfit had a flatbed full of them for fuel and hydraulic and lube oils.

$75??!!  I've got two more free ones to pick up in town next time I'm in and I'm working on a flatbed load at not more than $10 each.

Watchout what WAS in them.  I saw stacks of them next to the crop duster's hanger last time I flew out of Twin Falls.  Gotta be pesticides and broadleaf herbicides in them.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

ronsmith

• View Profile
    • Bentleybranch studio
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 12:32:50 AM »
rpg52, the inner pipe measures 11/2" od. Its thin wall pipe like you find on j traps under sinks. It is capped on the bottom end and I place a funnel in the top to feed it oil. The rolls fit tight when dry and decored but when oil soaked they compress somewhat. I use the dirty rolls to burn brush. I live on a wooded lot so it comes in handy.

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 01:49:24 AM »
   Hey Guys,
   Check with a local mulch producer if there's one in your area. I was at our local grinders today,and he begged me to come and get some. Wire cage around itt,6in. covered top fill,2 in. gated,and capped drain. I'm going to get a coupla thee or so . They had mulch dye in them non poisionous ,food safe according to operator owner.
   I did some sawing for this guy with my portable sawmill last year,so your mileage may vary ,yada ,yada,no financial intrest