Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

>190*F Thermostat?

(1/1)

n2toh:
How does one go about regulating the coolent temp to something greater than 190*F?

The reason I ask is the listeroid seems to run a bit cool, and a higher running temp should reduce fuel comsumption as well as reduce carbon buildup.

hotater:
Put a higher thermostat in it?? 

Another way to do it would be put a taller water exhaust stack on the outlet......or a valve, like I did the MP pump set to restrict the flow.

Stan:
Reading the instruction manual for the original Listers, they call for a valve on the water line (that goes to the tank) that you close down or open up to regulate the operating temp of the engine.
stan

rpg52:
What temp are you shooting for n2toh?  200?  More?  I plan to put a "T" with two valves on each leg so that the engine can be drained in cold weather.  Seems like closing either of the valves down some would do the trick.  I have another diesel engine I plan to cover the radiator to try to achieve the same thing.  It never gets above 160, which seems way too cool.
Ray

n2toh:

--- Quote from: rpg52 on December 31, 2005, 05:11:49 AM ---What temp are you shooting for n2toh?  200?  More?  I plan to put a "T" with two valves on each leg so that the engine can be drained in cold weather.  Seems like closing either of the valves down some would do the trick.  I have another diesel engine I plan to cover the radiator to try to achieve the same thing.  It never gets above 160, which seems way too cool.
Ray

--- End quote ---

I did the same trick with my TDI, I used 1/16" lexan to block the bottom 2/3 of the radiator. It now only takes 1 or 2 miles to heat up before it took more than 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version