Puppeteer

Author Topic: LEF Document Store - thoughts  (Read 5557 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: LEF Document Store - thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 05:43:27 PM »
I've no idea what I can do, 'cos I'm sure I'm the most technically inept bloke on here, by a country mile.

Whilst in the UK for a couple of months, on a hover barge project the management tried to slope the job card system on me, It's a bespoke system for 25 or so vessels in the companies fleet and they thought as I was 'lightly loaded' I'd be the ideal bloke. After two days of ragging the help desk to bits I got it set up, then, having download the manual, printed it off and stuck all the bits of A4 in a 'pocket' type folder I was no nearer populating the bloody thing. The publishers of the system said it was an 'aide memoir' for those who had done the course, £1800 for the day, plus hotels and travelling. This was deemed too expensive, on a $28,000,000 project. On the theory that if I wasn't worth educating I wasn't going to struggle so I got even more confused and buggered up a few emails on Outlook before getting the office printer stuck on A3. Some other poor fool now has it........

Should there be a slot for me removing the staples prior to scanning let me know, the hover barge job is way behind and I won't be going back for trials 'til January.

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
OK... well... that's me told then  ;D I'll see what I can come up with as an interim PDF store, with a Wiki to come later. I need to figure out how to attach it to the LEF user database, so only members can access it.... means re-learning PHP!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 12:24:41 AM »
Brilliant idea please do it. If these are of any interest all in PDF format I will donate them to a free LEF library.
4 CS engine manuals years 1936  1938  1953 and finally 1971.
2 CS engined startomatic manuals 4.5kW 1969 and 2.5kW  1952.
Book 583-167 Diesel generating plant for VA. 6/1, 8/1, 12/2 and 16/2.
Book 584-367 Diesel generating plant  Push button remote controlled for VA 6/1 etc.
Book 585-267 A.C. Automatic remote control generating sets for VA 6/1 81 12/2 etc.
Book 213-539  Alternator sets 15 K.V.A.
Book 680-1264 Startomatic air cooled generating set with HA2 air cooled engine.
Book 442-163  1.75kW to 4.5kW AC generating plants Types SL air cooled diesel.
Book 495-956  1,5kW A.C. Startomatic Electric generating plant
CAV  Fuel injection pumps
CAV  Fuel injection nozzles and holders Instruction manual for models S T U & V
Mick

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
Thank you Listeroil, we just have to wait for Adev to set things up and we should be good to start uploading old manuals. I hope he can come up with something simple with a good indexing system that will allow users to easily find the information they need.

Wish this had been suggested before I went to the Macksville rusty iron rally, there was a guy there with 500 or more old engine manuals, I might have had to buy the lot!  :laugh: My local agricultural spares dealer has a huge collection of old manuals, I might have to pay them a visit and offer to convert them to PDF for free, provided I get to keep a copy.

Bob