Puppeteer

Author Topic: LEF Document Store - thoughts  (Read 246 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: LEF Document Store - thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 05:43:27 PM »
I've no idea what I can do, 'cos I'm sure I'm the most technically inept bloke on here, by a country mile.

Whilst in the UK for a couple of months, on a hover barge project the management tried to slope the job card system on me, It's a bespoke system for 25 or so vessels in the companies fleet and they thought as I was 'lightly loaded' I'd be the ideal bloke. After two days of ragging the help desk to bits I got it set up, then, having download the manual, printed it off and stuck all the bits of A4 in a 'pocket' type folder I was no nearer populating the bloody thing. The publishers of the system said it was an 'aide memoir' for those who had done the course, 1800 for the day, plus hotels and travelling. This was deemed too expensive, on a $28,000,000 project. On the theory that if I wasn't worth educating I wasn't going to struggle so I got even more confused and buggered up a few emails on Outlook before getting the office printer stuck on A3. Some other poor fool now has it........

Should there be a slot for me removing the staples prior to scanning let me know, the hover barge job is way behind and I won't be going back for trials 'til January.

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 06:01:36 PM »
OK... well... that's me told then  ;D I'll see what I can come up with as an interim PDF store, with a Wiki to come later. I need to figure out how to attach it to the LEF user database, so only members can access it.... means re-learning PHP!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 12:24:41 AM »
Brilliant idea please do it. If these are of any interest all in PDF format I will donate them to a free LEF library.
4 CS engine manuals years 1936  1938  1953 and finally 1971.
2 CS engined startomatic manuals 4.5kW 1969 and 2.5kW  1952.
Book 583-167 Diesel generating plant for VA. 6/1, 8/1, 12/2 and 16/2.
Book 584-367 Diesel generating plant  Push button remote controlled for VA 6/1 etc.
Book 585-267 A.C. Automatic remote control generating sets for VA 6/1 81 12/2 etc.
Book 213-539  Alternator sets 15 K.V.A.
Book 680-1264 Startomatic air cooled generating set with HA2 air cooled engine.
Book 442-163  1.75kW to 4.5kW AC generating plants Types SL air cooled diesel.
Book 495-956  1,5kW A.C. Startomatic Electric generating plant
CAV  Fuel injection pumps
CAV  Fuel injection nozzles and holders Instruction manual for models S T U & V
Mick

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
Thank you Listeroil, we just have to wait for Adev to set things up and we should be good to start uploading old manuals. I hope he can come up with something simple with a good indexing system that will allow users to easily find the information they need.

Wish this had been suggested before I went to the Macksville rusty iron rally, there was a guy there with 500 or more old engine manuals, I might have had to buy the lot!  :laugh: My local agricultural spares dealer has a huge collection of old manuals, I might have to pay them a visit and offer to convert them to PDF for free, provided I get to keep a copy.

Bob