Author Topic: Latest Import Status?  (Read 3173 times)

StrawHat

• View Profile
Latest Import Status?
« on: August 17, 2019, 12:05:40 AM »
Haven't seen or heard if any of the import regs have been relaxed under our latest leadership here in the US. Last I knew, you had to buy a compressor and convert it to get any listeroid engine. You would think these silly import restrictions would have been revisited and relaxed by now.

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Latest Import Status?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 06:29:33 PM »
 You will never see it happen unless emission regs for all diesel engines are relaxed
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Import Status? 12/2 seized.Interested?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »
Hi StrawHat

My neighbor has one 12/2 (1959) seized but prestine. You don't need to convert anything.

Please let me know.

VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 06:03:13 AM »
Where is this at? I'm in the central US. If not more than 700 miles, I might be able to come get it it. PM me.

>Hi StrawHat

>My neighbor has one 12/2 (1959) seized but prestine. You don't need to convert anything.

>Please let me know.

>VP

StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:23 AM »
You will never see it happen unless emission regs for all diesel engines are relaxed

Well, they just have to make a special provision for privately used stationary engines.

They are finding that all of the DEF/DPF systems are a mistake because manufacturing and distributing the DEF actually causes more pollution and consumes more fossil fuel energy than the engines did before they implemented this entire DEF infrastructure. If they were as smart as they say they are scientifically, they should have been able to accurately forecast that outcome and reject the fatally flawed DEF/DPF idea before it was implemented. Another fine example of our Mo/Larry/Curly EPA politics.

guest25219

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 02:16:51 PM »
They are finding that all of the DEF/DPF systems are a mistake because manufacturing and distributing the DEF actually causes more pollution and consumes more fossil fuel energy than the engines did before they implemented this entire DEF infrastructure. If they were as smart as they say they are scientifically, they should have been able to accurately forecast that outcome and reject the fatally flawed DEF/DPF idea before it was implemented. Another fine example of our Mo/Larry/Curly EPA politics.

Got a source on that statement? I wouldn't mind reading more on it.

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 03:35:36 PM »
Where is this at? I'm in the central US. If not more than 700 miles, I might be able to come get it it. PM me.

>Hi StrawHat

>My neighbor has one 12/2 (1959) seized but prestine. You don't need to convert anything.

>Please let me know.

>VP

Hi StrawHat

Unfortunately I'm in Portugal. Take a look of pic...

Beautiful unit to tear down and rebuild.

Cheers
VP

Ps: My neighbor - in village - (heavy duty machinery mechanic) ask me if I was interested, and I asked him the price, then he kicked back with how much it worth to me... of course my answer had been "it weight times 7 cents (price of scrap iron)". No answer back!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 03:51:14 PM by sirpedrosa »
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 07:04:13 AM »

Got a source on that statement? I wouldn't mind reading more on it.

Its pretty much old news in the trucking industry. You would probably find some article somewhere in lots of different trucking magazines. I hear all sorts of these things since work in that industry. They haven't tightened any laws on non DEF trucks that are all grandfathered in, and the only state that wont allow them is Kalifornia. If that were anything else but true, other states would be following and outllawing non DEF trucks, and they are not.

George A

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
As a side note, I just got an email quote for a Lister "air compressor", shipped in a steel crate along with the pump and injector...........$1200. It wasn't clear, but I think that was to the nearest U.S. shipping port.
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

StrawHat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 04:21:22 AM »
Ive check out some of those resources. One thing I'm curious about with the compressor "kits" is that customs might reject the unit if they find the kit to convert to an engine within the same crate as the compressor. That is......If they were to expend the energy to actually inspect the contents.

It might be smart to ship the kit separately and even using a different mode.

Anyone know how much our current US import duties are on these "compressors"?

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 07:39:09 PM »
It is always a good idea to think that customs is NOT staffed by idiots. Yes they know it is an engine converted to a compressor that is circumventing the law, which is different than breaking a law. But the laws were written by them and the burden of proof lies with them. Yes you ship the conversion parts in a separate shipment, then both shipments are entirely legal.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 08:52:31 PM »
X2 on what Butch said. They are NOT idiots. I have imported several original Listers and they knew exactly what they were. The first one I imported one of the officers specifically asked the country of origin. Because it was coming from the UK it was clear but he did tell me that they were stopping a lot of the engines/machinery coming from India and China. I used my local port which is very small and even they knew what they were. Mine were completely legal because of their antique status unlike a 'roid. Remember Customs has access to google just like everyone else.

I had dotted all of the Is and crossed all of the Ts on my paperwork which made Customs easy and pleasant to deal with. They all seemed to take their job very seriously which I completely respect and appreciate. Their obvious focus is on drugs and intellectual property/counterfeit prevention but they do inspect everything and know what it is.

It is the freight carriers and bonding providers that are lazy gangster wannabes, not CBP. Those guys have their hand out at every passing and fleece you for everything they can every chance they get. I didn't have to pay CBP a dime nor did I have to pay any duties, the freight and import companies on the other hand, let's just say it was no small sum.