Puppeteer

Author Topic: Move to India  (Read 3034 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Move to India
« on: July 30, 2019, 11:37:00 PM »
Someone from the forum should move to India to start or manage a listeroid factory, any volunteers?
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

George A

• View Profile
Re: Move to India
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 12:04:54 AM »
I'd go in a heartbeat, BUT, I don't think you could build an engine that would satisfy the EPA without the cost going through the roof.

Additionally, I hate curry................... :P
I've joined "the dark side"....if it has a spark plug, it's obsolete technology.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28:09 AM »
I vote we send 38AC !
He will straighten those guys out in a hurry !  ;D
Rajkot will never be the same.
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 04:43:28 PM »
Some things never change.  I did almost get through the second paragraph.  I'm sure it's tough being so perfect in such a screwed world.

Off to another day in paradise.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

No thanks.

Not sure I'd want to move to a shithole like India for less than about $5m a year.
And then I'd have to think very hard about it.

We are in total agreement on that subject
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 07:48:47 PM »
I actually don't seem to remember having any immigration paperwork done for India at all either.  Too many challenges for me at this time.  But when I see images or videos of the Listeroid factories in India I think:

Do I see people working to make life better for themselves and others - Absolutely.
Do I see people overcoming challenges that would crush me - Absolutely.
Do I see others delivering this kind of courage and "getting it done" work -  Not so much.

For those of you that may have had a bad day or two I'd like to remind you of my experience.  Yes! I've been down.  Maybe, just maybe, more than once.  Now that I'm not I look back at those people that took the time and effort to help me.  I do appreciate your help and support.  Thank you.  Enough that I now occasionally do somewhat the same.  And to those that pushed their noses up in the air and continued on their path of life  knowing they were superior because of my situation.  May you receive as you have given.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:51:43 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
Yup, It's still working.

I have somewhat burned out on diesel so not so much posting on this or Micro Co-Gen.  My electrical bill is down to about $225 a month with solar and my tipper (dump) truck has been idled by a gummed up fuel system.  Hence my biodiesel equipment will soon be up for sale here on the big island.  If I lived somewhere on a North or South slope, depending on which end of the earth I was located, my attitude would be much different.  Solar is so stinking clean and easy once it's set up.  Regular scheduled maintenance isn't my strong suit.

Don't get me wrong.  I still think the Lister engine is absolutely fabulous and would be my second choice for a diesel power supply.  The Witte is kind of similar but just a click more modern and was built in the USofA - bonus points in my camp. 

I have a couple of favorite friends that would not have noticed anything about your post and probably would sing chorus while you rapped on if invited.  I have also grown tired of intolerance and dream of a better land where we all try to help each other, admire our differences and forgive those of a different mind.  I'm sure you've heard the old saying: "If it were easy then everyone would do it."  I've also come to admire the Kennedy speech about going to the moon.  "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"........   

I'm thinking about leaving my keyboards to you in my will.  Where you find the time is beyond me.  I have noticed that my google phone will write emails via speech - is that the secret or do you just keyboard at 100 WPM.

Aloha,

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 08:18:31 AM »
If you don't count the header & footer it's only four paragraphs.  Short ones . . .

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »
"Gentlemen, please calm down" - quoting Bob.

Bob, get quickly the fire extinguisher, forum is getting fire... again, and again because of keyboards.

Please be happy, and have  a nice and safe week.
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 06:08:41 PM »
Good laughs to start the morning. 

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 06:42:11 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 04:15:55 AM »
India. India! India? :o

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous