Lister Engines > Lister Based Generators

ST2 40 AMP FUSE

(1/4) > >>

Buryan:
Hi - does anyone have a 40 Amp blade fuse for the starting of my ST2, please and also a push starter button, that I could buy?  Can anyone tell me where I can get a fuse or a modern equivalent?  Presumable as long as the fuse is rated for a continuous 24 volts and 40 amps - anything that said it would do that - would do that!?

I use the generator everyday for power, so need this as a matter of urgency.  I rang Sleeman and Hawkins, but they could no longer help with the fuse and wanted an extortionate sum for the starter button!

If anyone can help me, would they be kind enough to e-mail me on:

k.runcimanannand@gmail.com

This machine at 7 Kva does not give me sufficient electricity - I need to sell it (or swap it - it's in jolly good nick!) for a 3 cylinder to flash my welder - can anyone help, please?

Many thanks.

Buryan aka Kenneth.

buickanddeere:
How about using a circuit breaker ?

ajaffa1:
I had the same problem and made the following modification.

Bob

ajaffa1:
Hi Kenneth, I just had a thought about you starter switch. spring loaded 40 Amp switches are going to be hard to come by however 24 volt truck starter solenoids are cheap and available everywhere. Fit one of them with a cheap spring loaded toggle switch wired to the solenoid coil and you should be good to go. You could even use an ignition switch, with a key from your local scrap yard.

Bob

Buryan:
Dear Bob,

Many thanks for you excellent suggestion - will follow it up.  One of the problems is that the windowless corner of the workshop where the Lister sits is like the dark hole of Calcutta and very difficult to see what's in that box!  I need to wire in a work lamp. 

Very kind of you to help and much obliged.

Kenneth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version