Author Topic: Lister d timing  (Read 5142 times)

oldgoat

• View Profile
Re: Lister d timing
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 04:24:00 PM »
The plate on the intake just provides enough vacuum to lift the fuel. The actual mixture is controlled by screwing the needle valve in or out. Screw out the needle and inspect it and the seat

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 02:48:43 AM »
Glad you are heading in the right direction. Now throw away that plug and buy a spare for the tool box. I never had to play with one of these but have a couple of Buzacotts waiting to play with and they have a couple of ways to adjust those carbies.
Try to remember that some engines need the choke for a while to warm up especially if they are TVO engine (petrol/kero). As suggested by 'oldgoat' check the air mixture passages. I would take the carby all the way apart and start cleaning up everything so it is squeaky clean. I recently had an issue with a carby off a rare mower that belonged to my Dad and it was not until I got up close and personal with a magnifying glass that I found what I thought was a plug to block a passage was actually a blocked tiny hole that a soaking in paint thinners and a poke with a single strand of 4mm 12v electrical wire finally broke through. So the tiniest amount of crap in the wrong place can give you grief. I also use a pressure pack can of carby cleaner or start ya bastard to blow through the galleries and passageways followed by compressed air from the air blower but at a low pressure of around 30-40psi. I sometimes re-surface the mating surfaces to ensure a good seal and that no air gets sucked in where it doesn't belong. Also check the throttle shaft it seals.
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

Newbie00

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 07:17:31 AM »
Ok thanks guys I will have a look into it when I have some spare time 👍