Puppeteer

Author Topic: New Watercooled Diesel Toys  (Read 705 times)

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: New Watercooled Diesel Toys
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2019, 07:29:04 PM »
Great custom portable design, XYZer.  Nice looking welds, too.

glort

• View Profile
Re: New Watercooled Diesel Toys
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2019, 11:15:27 PM »

That is a great setup XYZ!
Seeing how nicely that sits I think I might put mine on wheels now.  Would make it easier to move which I know I'll want to do at some point and would allow me to make the mountings in steel and still have great Vibration suppression.

I was also thinking to add a 12/ 24V alternator and now I know how to do it. I have a couple of serpentine Belts that are way too long for just the engine / motor but will be good with the alt and I have a tensioner as well. All painfully obvious when you see it but I don't have the smarts to work it out even though I did something similar with my roid.  Glad you showed me that now instead of seeing it when I was done with what I had in mind. I would not have been happy. It will save a LOT of mucking round with adjustable motor mounts by having the belt tensioner and worth the cost of the serpentines.

Looks like the new welder will come in handy.

Thanks again for the heads up. Great help and inspiration. Between you and Bob I feel much more enthused about this and does not seem like such hard work anymore.... Sitting here at least! :0)