Slow Speed Diesel Engines > Changfa Engines

New Watercooled Diesel Toys and energy efficent homes.

(1/10) > >>

guest22972:
Removed at user's request

veggie:
Man ! those are beauties !
I am GREEN with envy.

Those engines are of superior quality and should outlive you if cared for.
Nice acquisition.!
Keep us posted of your project.

Veggie

PS: AU law prohibits the possession of more that one Kubota RT series engine.
I would be happy to take one off your hands in order to help keep you within the law    :police:

BruceM:
Great bargain finds, Glort.  If you have enough room for all those panels, you'll have to start a business that needs lots of power during the day!  Generating and compressing hydrogen???

old seagull man:
Well done mate, we need pictures. By the way did you ever collect that other engine i put you on to, out west?
Good news on the panels, i have a whole lot if you want.
Our energy company just changed hands, and today they just installed our two new smart meters. Don't that suck.

BruceM:
Winter overcast/clouds is an issue for PV planning  In my sunny climate, and home designed for minimal power use, it's easy to add enough panels to fully charge the batteries every day, even on cloudy days.  With 2350 watts I never run the generator to charge batteries anymore, I don't even have the charger hooked up. I just avoid electric cooking on dark winter days, and only do laundry and water pumping when it's sunny.  Our winters are darker now, but still, 4 days of heavy clouds happens only once or twice a winter.

I read an article on a Budist retreat center in nothern Canada that was off grid; they added LOTS of near vertical PV for winter, so that even when overcast, they could make their daily power nut for the batteries, saving a bundle in genny fuel (and noise).  You do get power when it's anything but dark, but you may need 5x or more the area in panels. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version