Lister Engines > Original Lister Cs Engines

CS pump & injector - worth bothering with?

(1/3) > >>

mikenash:
Waddya reckon guys?

Is there anything special about the "old" "original" pump and injector?

Or is it smart just to buy a new pump, a new line, a new injector and get on with it

This engine started life as a 3/1 and at some point had a 4&1/2" barrel and piston fitted, then later a + 40 thou barrel and alloy piston fitted.  Maybe the heads are the same (3/1 and 5/1)? I don't know?  But maybe it still has the pump/injector from the 3/1 days which may, effectively, be not worth having

Those new "Genuine Bosch Mico" injectors and pumps are only about $150 each and whenever I have fitted one in the past all my uncertainties about "have I heard a decent CRINK or a half-hearted CRINK?" have just disappeared

I'd appreciate any thoughts

Thanks, Mike

dieselspanner:
For what it's worth I'd spend an hour or two tinkering with the old one, if it looks half decent give it a go maybe on your good engine, nothing to loose but an evening with some diesel under the fingernails....

Then if it works sort out the injector the same way and you know you what you have when you rebuild the$100 baby!

You may not get full power but you'll prove the system

Complicated, they ain't!

Cheers
Stef

saba:
New tip for injector and new barrel for pump and it's new again.

greetings bernhard

BruceM:
If it was running the 8/1 piston, the pump and injector have already been sorted, and you might as well see what you've got.  I do agree with your thinking...the Bosch-Mico pumps and injectors have a great reputation...worth having them on on hand as a spare given your fleet of CS engines.

BruceM:
Pop pressure isn't critical on these engines, so I'd skip that just use the engine mounted IP and injector outboard of the engine to check spray pattern. If you're getting a nice pulse of foggy mist in the coffee can, hurrah. Squirters or post pulse droolers need to be dealt with, starting with a nozzle cleaning or replacement.

You can make a dandy pop tester via a grease gun and grease flex hose, some fittings and gauge.  I did and it's totally worthwhile to pop pressure match a set of injectors with new nozzles on a multi cylinder engine. My MB 300D never ran smoother.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version