Author Topic: Compressor oil grade  (Read 605 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: Compressor oil grade
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
The electric chainsaw is a wonderful tool for women, older folks or people with big gardens

::) ::) ::)

Typical.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 10:01:16 AM »
Nothing "typical" about it

An honestly-expressed opinion cos the electric chainsaw IS a great tool for anyone without the ability to use a petrol one.  I traded my 63cc Jonsered in on a 39cc Husqvarna last year & when I get older & slower I figure I'll end up with an electric chainsaw on the shelf alongside my battery angle grinder, battery rattle gun, battery drill . . .

No agenda at all attached to that comment

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 05:42:35 AM »
About 30 years ago we used a 120 volt electric chain saw building log houses because they were reliable and smooth.  Very nice saw and ate pine like soft butter not that there's a lot of difference.  I now use an ICE trimming saw for everything.  If the 14" blade is overwhelmed then the task is most likely bigger than I should be working.  Stuff happens when you play with any wood larger that 6 inches and the consequences are logarithmic.

We're taking the 40 volt Ryobi back and waiting for a screaming deal on a mower, trimmer and saw deal.  We rely on volunteers here on the farm and our workers industrial insurance almost bans even looking at chainsaws. 

I don't consider anyone working within their real limitations to be anything other than smart. 

The boy in the tree was 15 years ago.  And yes;  that is a 40 foot extension ladder all the way out.  I didn't have enough spite to whistle at Marilyn Monroe should she had been standing on her head.  Times change as do capacities and limits.

Aloha
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:48:28 AM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »

I have seen an electric Ryobi Ride on mower on display at the local Hardware. Supposed to be capable of Mowing 2 Acres on a charge. If there is one thing that would be good for everyone to have round here it's electric mowers. At the old place the noisy you got all the time was traffic, here literally a day can't go buy without yopu hear at least one mower, usually several. 

Ryobi and others are also doing battery Trimmers.

If their Mower and trimmer is anything as good as the battery hedge trimmer they do, they would be very worthwhile units.