Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

ajaffa Bob OK ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

ajaffa1:
Hi Guys, please don`t panic. Had the operation, a few minor complications but all sorted out now. Still no idea if the surgery will have helped with the nerve damage so I`ll just have to wait and see.

I won`t be posting much anytime soon as I can`t do much and typing is very slow one handed.

Bob

38ac:
 Well I will give you a few reasons why.
All is fine if your one of the hand full of  regulars here but if your an outsider this site is like walking into a loud  honkytonk bar, all is Grande if your a regular but it isn't a great place for a stranger to ask for directions.
Believe it or not there are people who come here due to the topics at  hand, I am one.  The host has graciously provided many forums here where just about anything can be talked about. I just did a quick look and about half the topics on page one  here are on the wrong place and most of the ones where the original post was in the right place go off on so many tangents that they cannot be followed unless one has half a day to spend looking at a screen.  There are some people who dont have that time, or the desire to do so,,,,apparently a lot of them when one looks at the statistics here.

As it is this forum  works well enough for the handful of regulars who appearantly spend hours here every day and maybe a few who just like confusion. But  it is a far piece from ideal for anyone else and thats the bottom line as far as I am concerned .

I have been around here a while but am here less and less because I don't need this place to have companionship , nor do I need a place to spout about my daily life.  Nor do I have the desire to spend half my day on here sorting through every topic and every post to see if there are questions I can help with. 

Why have all the forums, just put everything in one catch all forum and be done with it,,,,

Well, you asked,,,,

Bob, glad to read you are OK

Willw:
Hi Bob, glad to know you're OK; had me worried there for a minute.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

ajaffa1:
Hi Guys, thanks for the encouragement. I fully understand how Glort`s mate feels, I hate hospitals, even if they are a necessary part of getting old. Sadly I will be seeing much more of them in the near future as my Wife is having a full hysterectomy next week! She will be in hospital for around five days and then be incapacitated for many months while she recovers. So, despite my own problems I am going to have to be nurse Bob, cleaner Bob and chef Bob for a few months. Don`t be too surprised if you hear that my Wife wants a divorce, the house is a mess and my cooking has given us botulism!

Hey Bruce, I`m sorry to hear that you are also having to be hospitalized. I worry about how that is going to go for you, the amount of electronic apparatus in hospitals is mind blowing. Have they offered to put you in a Faraday cage?

Hey Mike, sorry to hear you too have been under the knife. I was lucky because pain medications work for me, I cannot begin to imagine what it must have been like for you with out them.

Good health to all and a speedy recovery to those less fortunate.

Bob

ajaffa1:
Hey Glort, hope you stay lucky, life is short make the most of it and to hell with the consequences.

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version