Puppeteer

Author Topic: Stamford heads on eBay  (Read 1834 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Stamford heads on eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
Hi Tanman, that is a very nice military spec Stamford head. If one like that was available in Australia, at that price, I would buy it in a heartbeat. The problem you have is that this is only a single bearing generator head designed to be close coupled to the primary mover. It would certainly be possible to manufacture or adapt a bell housing, bearing and shaft to allow this to be a two bearing unit.

I would recommend you contact all your local engineering companies and explain what you want them to do, ask them for a price.
If I was doing the job it would cost me about $30 for the bearing and about $50 for the steel or aluminium plates required for the adapter plate/bearing housing. It would probably require a whole day to manufacture the parts required so around $320. If the quotes you get are below $500 dollars, that would be reasonable.

Bob

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
Re: Stamford heads on eBay
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »

Save yourself the aggravation and grief.  Buy a 2 bearing head if that's  what you need.

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"