Puppeteer

Author Topic: Argentina  (Read 192 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
Argentina
« on: April 04, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=2012260701&member_hash=a3a7566550fad4bdc4224f94f4401662016de7c29f5cc5555c&tm=email&et=46&mt=3CD2EA5F-6EC8-4299-AE88-E417DDE97A03

Hi guys.  See the listing?

I went and had a yak to this guy and offered him $500 just for the motor - he wasn't interested, of course

He's adamant that "It came from Argentina" and it was new when he got it - not rebuilt or whatever but "new"

He's not a hell of a mechanical chap - so he may not have been able to tell the difference?

is there any suggestion that there was manufacturing in Argentina?  The small brass plate I would expect to see wasn't evident

Maybe after he has had it listed for a year or two he'll revise his idea of it's value.  maybe once it's seized from sitting in the paddock where it has been the last three years.  Injector and decompressor linkages are already seized and it has one valve stuck open - so it's on the way . . .

glort

• View Profile
Re: Argentina
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:32 PM »
Maybe after he has had it listed for a year or two he'll revise his idea of it's value.

Maybe.

Some of these people seem to get a figure in their head and that's it.  Over time they seem to think the items declining condition is offset by it's increasing value. Yeah right.

The other one I love I see in many ads is something being listed as in good/ fantastic condition and then a list of significant faults follows which are inevitably "easy Fixes" these mental giants never have time to do themselves.... Including cleaning the thing they are trying to sell to make it look half presentable.

Over optimistic pricing is often Followed in time with the genius attitude of " I rather take it to the tip/ scrap metal than take that for it. "
Only said to a guy last night that was the most stupid and irrational thing I have ever heard of but it's his property to be as ridiculous as he likes with before it does end up on the garbage pile.