Author Topic: 5-8kw Gen Head Australia  (Read 15501 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: 5-8kw Gen Head Australia
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 04:46:40 AM »
Hi OSM, finally found the wiring diagram and scanned it, sorry about the coffee stains. The drawing you need to follow is number four, just leave out the diode, resistor, switch and battery which can be used to flash the field winding.

Bob

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the finding and scanning and posting. That gets me on the right track.
What im having trouble with is the settings on the AVR.

There are three pots labeled VOLTS STAB and U/F and a Red Led.

Volts:  I'm guessing that with the prime power running at temperature and the generator running at 1500 rpm i set this to give me 240 volts. (Volts makes seance)

Stab:  Guessing that i load the generator up and and adjust this till i have no drop in output voltage as i  increase load? (Stability off the output is what i guess this sets)

U/F: To set the uf knee point This pot is covered so I'm guessing its already set to were its supposed to be?

And what the led is for and what settings it relates to i have know idea.

The saga continues. ;D

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »
I think for fine tuning, you start with the RPM close to 1500, and adjust it till your frequency is correct at about 20% load.  ( 60 hz or 50 hz ) Then at that frequency, you adjust the voltage to where you need it to be.  I see about a 4 hz swing in Fq from no load to full load in my system.

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 06:31:00 AM »
Happy Easter to all.

I got sick of waiting for the welder to do his thing, and i had wanted to knock up a test stand to see it all working, so here is the video.
Sorry shot with a old phone, because Im  an old man. Avr Box and panel still to go, but progress is being made. Slowly.

https://youtu.be/bay9H9Ds-6A
https://youtu.be/bay9H9Ds-6A

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 12:56:21 PM »
Yes got sick of waiting for the welder.

I Asked the manufacture about the legs, as everyone has said to me there only for shipping, but Shifing the engine builder, say there ok to use and most Chinese generators use them with thousands of hours on them.
But let me know what your using. As i hope one day to get the real frame from the welder, sooon? Had been thinking about using car engine mounts of some kind. 

Thanks for the good words

Andrew