Author Topic: jiang dong R108d flange/pulley  (Read 302 times)

saba

• View Profile
jiang dong R108d flange/pulley
« on: January 31, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
Maybe a stupid question, I was looking at a china clone that came up for sale and I am just wondering where can you get a pulley. Tried several google searches but could not find anything.

bernhard

Tanman

• View Profile
Re: jiang dong R108d flange/pulley
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 04:46:59 PM »
I'm also interested in pulley's flanges for a Jiang Dong (1115), also unsure where to acquire these. I see some folks directly attach them to gen heads?
Hatz 1B40
Chinese 1115
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »

I had a flange made up that centred where the original pulley went and had a shaft turned to 3/4 and 1"  so I could fit different size pulleys.

Unfortunately I forgot about the nut that holds the flywheel on so the flange sits proud. I could try and use some spacers under the  nut but the chances of getting them even is slim.

What I'm thinking now is to get another plate turned up and the inner lip of the original pulley skimed to centre it and weld the flange on the end with the shaft. Only problem I see with that is it's probably going to be sitting 200-250mm out from the crankshaft so will have a LOT of side load in operation.

The only other idea is to use the original pulley with a short belt going to a layshaft with a couple of pillow block bearings.
Not a fantastic soloution either.

The only other thing would be to replicate the original Pulley in a flange to bolt to the flywheel, a piece of tube welded to that to allow clearance for the crank nut as with the original pulley and then make another plate for the end and weld a shaft to that.

Lot of work just for a bigger pulley!

The pulley on my 3.5 Hp and my 5.5 are exactly the same in diameter and mounting.  Don't know what the big engines have but could measure to compare.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »
Does this size and bolt pattern fit your engine?
I have 2 for sale.
You can mount a standard pulley of any size to get the correct drive speeds.

Veggie

Look here... in our "for sale" section
http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=8183.0
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:36:45 PM »

Exactly what I had made up... only without the raised section to clear the crank nut.  :embarassed:

Looks exactly what I need. I'll have to try and convert measurements to see if they would fit.  Exchange rate and ridiculous US shipping charges would make one a $200 Proposition no doubt. 
Getting one made here.....  who knows.

They look beautifully made though and real work of engineering art.  More to those than meets the eye.

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 12:21:43 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion but like glort says it's to expensive to transport. Guy is asking 200 euro for the engine it's a clearout of some rent a box kind of thing. So he does not know anything about the engine. It's a 1,,5/2 hour drive for me one way that's keeping me from picking it up. Does not seem expensive to me.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 07:49:44 AM »

For a 2 hour drive, I wouldn't be able to get there fast enough to get one of these engines at a good price.
My wife drives an hour to work and at least an hour back, often longer with the traffic.

Wouldn't be letting a little drive get between me and one of these mighty little engines!

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 12:29:49 AM »
The best (by which I mean easiest) place to get a pulley for one of these engines would be China... Aliexpress is probably a good site to search; also Alibaba and Banggood - the former is more for wholesale level orders, but there are companies who will handle single-item orders and courier shipping. Aliexpress and Banggood are more aimed at consumers, so there's not as much stuff available, but it's usually easier to buy than on Alibaba.

Shipping to Europe from China gets expensive with weight; if you can wait, though, surface mail is still quite acceptably priced, if slow.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 03:01:16 AM »

I did search the Alli's but could not find anything which kind of surprised me. Maybe need to actually contact some manufacturers.

I do think the shaft Idea veggie and I had is better than a fixed pulley though. I had mine stepped so I could use a couple of different bores as the collection of Pulleys I have has different shaft sizes. Then againm nay just be most useful for testing because for most things, once you have the right gearing it stays that way.

that said, I have not seen different sized Pulleys offerend by the manufacturers.

Wonder if any of the China suppliers have done that or even made a stepped/ cone pulley?

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 07:33:54 AM »
A bit off topic but worth a mention, was in the Philippians, a few years back and saw a 195 type with a short drive shaft, the fisherman told me it was a car axle, with the studs pressed out and the holes re-drilled to fit the flywheel.   
that might get you a shaft to mount a standard pulley you could get locally.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 08:31:20 AM »
No big deal to make a countershaft with a couple of cheap Y-bearings and attach whatever pulleys you need with taper-lock type centres maybe