Author Topic: Laidong and alternative fuels  (Read 436 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Re: Laidong and alternative fuels
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
I like it, I'm pretty committed now I think. The guy in WI got back to me and quoted me a pretty hefty price for the diesels he has. It would be much cheaper (and a higher quality engine) I think to pick up one of the 1115's in Ontario on my next fishing trip with my dad up there. Just have it shipped to where our buddy has a cabin up there, disassemble it somewhat, and bring it in as parts.
Hatz 1B40
Chinese 1115
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
+1 what Glort said.

The Chinese 1115 engine is a beast and very reliable.
They lend themselves very well to alternative fuels like chip oil because of the Indirect Injection heads.
The injectors have a bigger injection port (one single hole usually), like a Listeroid.
If cared for, the 1115 will probably outlive the average human. Parts can still be found with relative ease.

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

Fig

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »
I just got off the phone with the chap in WI, apparently they are importing these as pellet mills. The horizontals are hooked up to a belt driven mill on a steel frame and being imported that way. How is this possible?

Here is their website: http://www.pelletmasters.com
Look under all products, pellet mills, diesel powered.

So what were their prices on the engines alone?

Boxelder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd also be curious to know their prices for the China Horizontals, and what sizes they have.  My 1115 needs a companion, and Chippewa Falls is right on the way between Minneapolis and my hometown in Northern WI.