Puppeteer

Author Topic: More profit over peoples health.  (Read 5076 times)

guest22972

More profit over peoples health.
« on: January 24, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »
Something I came across I thought may be of interest.

It's a short Doco on the effects of Wind Turbines and the ultra low frequency sound they generate.
Scientifically proven, legally rubbished. Of course.  The effects are very detrimental. Just because we can't hear something does not mean we are not affected by it.

Just another thing they know they are doing to us but won't admit. Cigarette Science I think Bruce calls it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1690&v=ywWNx3OJyuo

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: More profit over peoples health.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »
A nearby county approved a big wind farm with huge turbines, with 500 foot setback for adjacent properties.  This for towers a bit taller than that.  Fortunately no homes there yet, but imagine trying to sell land next to that.  I'm all for wind power but think property owners need to be treated fairly, and setbacks increased dramatically.

Another interesting problem is living in the shade of the spinning props in fall through winter when the sun angle puts large amounts of land in the biological frequency ''blink'' shadows of the blades.  People there find they can't work outside as it affects them badly, even though they don't have epilepsy.  Our brains are very sensitive to any kind of brain wave frequency stimulus, including the idiotic 10hz packet rate for GSM cellular (bursts of microwaves at 10 Hz).

Government does a fine job of working as promoter and liability limiter for big business, as you would expect for someone who is dependent on them for campaign money. It's a simple case of follow the money. Until we change that, "democracy" is a farce.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »
Government does a fine job of working as promoter and liability limiter for big business, as you would expect for someone who is dependent on them for campaign money. It's a simple case of follow the money. Until we change that, "democracy" is a farce.
Being seriously challenged and being a farce are a bit apart.  For those of us in the US this would be powder for the cannon known as Amendment 28.  I'd post a link but that would be just a creep to near where few of us want information blogs like LEF to go.

PS:  Video links work best if they set to the beginning before copying them to a link.  Although the <6 cents a KW in the Middle East was interesting video too especially when you consider that was in 2016.  (OK, I didn't watch the entire 46 minutes but the first 6 minutes looked good.)
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
Sticking with coal has a predicable outcome.  All that's need for wind is much bigger setbacks, and fair compensation for nearby land and home owners.

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »
It's fantastic that we've been able to offset our total energy consumption by just over 2% using wind and solar.

Remember, the electric grid is only about a third of national energy consumption. Automobiles make up 16%.

An enormous quantity of energy goes towards heating homes and businesses. Wind and solar simply can't do that, it can't even make a dent.
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:26:53 PM »
Hey Glort, get the generator hooked up, temperatures for parts of Sydney will exceed 40 C today. Very likely to be black outs again.

Did you see that press conference in Victoria? Some stupid government woman explaining that we were not suffering blackouts but rolling blackouts, half way through her press conference the lights went out. Funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 03:41:58 AM »
Hi Glort,I was looking at you data dashboard a couple of mornings ago and Victoria were importing electricity at a cost $14,500 a megawatt hour. Someone somewhere is making an absolute killing.

Perhaps we should build an electric chair like they have in the USA. Every time there are threats of blackouts, we could strap one of these greenies and lying politicians into it and then throw the switch. I for one would be happy to put up with a blackout if I knew it meant that another of these useless buggers had gone to meet their maker.

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 06:27:40 AM »
Sadly, about the only sane way to get out of this mess would be rapid development of the LFTR (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor), putting reactors everywhere there is water to run the steam generator turbines. Steam turbines use a LOT of water. They will need to be mass produced, and containerized.  Coupled with a huge expenditure on accelerated battery technology development.

Canada and the US NE will never have enough solar and wind to support the current population in the manner in which they are presently accustomed to. 

If you look at the new research on freshwater aquifers used for irrigation of food crops around the world drying up, you'll see that we are living on borrowed water.  NASA has a satellite with laser interferometer imaging to "see" aquifer volumes.  It's spooky.  Every country has the same sort of dopey water rights laws, so nothing can/has been done.

https://gracefo.jpl.nasa.gov/resources/48/map-of-groundwater-storage-trends-for-earths-37-largest-aquifers/

Some serious challenges ahead for humans.  Blaming other humans won't help.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:45:04 AM by BruceM »

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 08:23:19 AM »
Hi Guys, the more I read about this and the challenges facing humanity the more depressed I get. The suicidal consumerism and globalization that has taken over our planet is making a very great deal of money for a very small percentage of the population, while doing enormous damage to the climate, the environment, wildlife, water tables and the oceans; not to mention the plight of the poor and disenfranchised around the world. None of this is sustainable, nor is growth in population or economic/industrial output. I am so glad I am old and f*cked up, I have little or nothing to loose. Our children will be paying the price for our stupidity, greed and profligacy for generations to come, that`s if they find a way to survive at all.

How much would it cost for the rapid development of LFTR reactors and how long would it take? What are the chances of getting our useless politicians and greedy energy company executives to back such a role out when it will eat into their immediate profits, taxes and backhanders?

Perhaps we need to set up a not for profit energy company to develop and build this technology. I suspect that organisations like the Gates foundation could be persuaded to back such a project. The problem would be how to keep control of such a world changing technology out of the hands of the greedy and stupid people that got us in this mess in the first place.

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 08:54:15 AM »
I wouldn't let it get you down, Bob.

As noted on dozens of occasions on here, we are the granddad generation now, our kids, and soon our grandkids, are the ones who should be sorting it out.

I understand that it's our generation that's mostly in charge, where ever you are on the planet, but there's enough of a population between 20 and 40 years old to make a hell of a political noise, provided it can unplug it's self from it's Iphones etc. and take a moment to smell the coffee.

If we, who are in our 60's, live another 20 years I'm sure we'll catch the start of the 'Mad Max' meltdown, we might even be of some use, given our knowledge of the more basic forms of engineering. We've had the best bits of our lives, with us and the generations before us buggering up the planet, we'll only be paying the price in our last few years, if at all.

So cheer up, service the Lister, and have another beer, as Guy Martin's granddad was wont to say 'When you's dead, you's dead'

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:30:11 AM »
Hi Stef and thanks for the cheer up. I doubt I`ll be here in another twenty years but as we get older we start to worry how the next generation will go. You also start to wonder about things like an afterlife, reincarnation and the like. I hope there is a deity in charge of this mess because I want a word with him/her/it! I hope that reincarnation is a myth because I would hate to come back as a greedy over privileged/entitled politician or energy executive.

I wish I could pass on more of what I know to the next generation but I expect they are just as stupid and pig headed as we were and will have to learn it the hard way. I`m hoping that with internet communication they can do it better than we did.

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
Don't knock reincarnation, I'm coming back as a Janet Reager catalog book mark!!

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
The highlight of my week was a volunteer effort putting a common mode choke in the power shed of a disabled man's inverter output to his house.

He has an Exceltech MX, 3000W/48V. Better than most in terms of EMI on the home power.  It did help significantly, now just 3 spots on the AM band affected, a couple feet away from wires.  Impressive for a $5 part.  I just tucked it in his breaker box, on the inverter feed line.

The tricky part was to get his interest and cooperation.  He has an anxiety disorder among other health problems so I had to tread lightly.

There's actually some high quality evidence for re-incarnation. An interesting phenomena; almost as we are living in a simulation as Musk suggests, and sometimes the memory wipe before re-use isn't complete.  It appears you are likely to come back to life within 300 miles of where you died, so if you'd like to relocate for your next life, consider that for late life planning.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:36:24 PM by BruceM »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
I saw a Mercedes diesel powered jeep a while back.  That's about it for me when it comes to delusions of eternal life or it's step sister - reincarnation.  Live it now!
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 06:12:50 PM »
"That's about it for me when it comes to delusions of eternal life or it's step sister - reincarnation."

I also suspect the snuff theory is most likely. Lights out, "computer, end program". Unappealing to most humans but after 32 years of illness, not so much for me.

Glort, your dream homes look like awfully crowded to me after living on 40 acres for 30 years.
I like water also, and miss the mountain lakes in my area of AZ.  Now ruined for me by cell towers at every one.