Puppeteer

Author Topic: More profit over peoples health.  (Read 882 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: More profit over peoples health.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 09:30:11 AM »
Hi Stef and thanks for the cheer up. I doubt I`ll be here in another twenty years but as we get older we start to worry how the next generation will go. You also start to wonder about things like an afterlife, reincarnation and the like. I hope there is a deity in charge of this mess because I want a word with him/her/it! I hope that reincarnation is a myth because I would hate to come back as a greedy over privileged/entitled politician or energy executive.

I wish I could pass on more of what I know to the next generation but I expect they are just as stupid and pig headed as we were and will have to learn it the hard way. I`m hoping that with internet communication they can do it better than we did.

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
Don't knock reincarnation, I'm coming back as a Janet Reager catalog book mark!!

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
The highlight of my week was a volunteer effort putting a common mode choke in the power shed of a disabled man's inverter output to his house.

He has an Exceltech MX, 3000W/48V. Better than most in terms of EMI on the home power.  It did help significantly, now just 3 spots on the AM band affected, a couple feet away from wires.  Impressive for a $5 part.  I just tucked it in his breaker box, on the inverter feed line.

The tricky part was to get his interest and cooperation.  He has an anxiety disorder among other health problems so I had to tread lightly.

There's actually some high quality evidence for re-incarnation. An interesting phenomena; almost as we are living in a simulation as Musk suggests, and sometimes the memory wipe before re-use isn't complete.  It appears you are likely to come back to life within 300 miles of where you died, so if you'd like to relocate for your next life, consider that for late life planning.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:36:24 PM by BruceM »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
I saw a Mercedes diesel powered jeep a while back.  That's about it for me when it comes to delusions of eternal life or it's step sister - reincarnation.  Live it now!
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:13 PM »
I'm coming back as a Janet Reager catalog book mark!!

Had to look up what that was.  Boring!
C'mon Stef, if you had your choice surely you could come up with something better than that! I have shot loads of those type catalogues, if anything, you should come back as a glam photographer but I think you'll soon enough come to the conclusion that was a wasted opportunity.

I'm afraid I don't believe in the afterlife. If I did I'd already be there some years back.

I had a pact with my grandmother. She promised me if she could ever come back to me she would.  I know she would have not forgotten that but although i have never forgotten about it either and always in the back of my mind looked for signs she was around, I have never seen a thing I could even clutch at straws to convince myself she was there.

So many other people I have lost could have done the same thing but nothing to pin the faintest hope on there either.

There is nothing I want more in this world than to be with someone I have lost but the concept of being reunited with them again in the beyond to me does not stand to any logic.  If there was a heaven or hell, Imagine the BILLIONS of people that would be there.  To find the person you were looking for would be a million times harder than finding someone in life that you had no idea where they were.  You could spend eternity looking for them and miss them a dozen times by a whisker but that would keep you apart and the longing and heartache would eat at you for eternity not just the rest of your life.

The only thing I have is the dreams that haunt me so often. I have things on my mind now which is why it's 4;30 am and I haven't been to bed yet.  Can be a scary and painful place so often and at other times there is a sense of Euphoria  that is shattered when you open your eyes in the morning and ask yourself if they are really gone and for the 1000th time have to face the devastating reality.

I think Bob is spot on with his concern for humanity.
It seems we have become so controlled by greed, accustomed to being lied to and Duped that we expect and accept it without complaint almost now.  We are being driven headlong into virtual extinction through this and there is nothing the population will do as we have become so complacent and stupid in never thinking for ourselves and believing everything we are brainwashed to do.

Spending time reading things today made me depressed too. People have become so damn gullible and dumbed down it is totally scary. The need to be accepted into the social pack and adopt the group mentality so as not to be seen as the odd one out and avoid criticism has overwhealmed 99% of the population in their desire to be taken into the fold and afforded the protection of the rest of the sheeple.

With the ever growing intrusion into our privacy and data being collected at every opportunity, we are being molded into predictable little trained mice to perform exactly as the ring master wants and there is no escape.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
  It appears you are likely to come back to life within 300 miles of where you died, so if you'd like to relocate for your next life, consider that for late life planning.

I was looking earlier on the Real estate site at houses on our Gold coast where I wanted to move to but the wife and daughter wouldn't be in it.
The places you can buy there for what I paid for this place bring on anxiety  and make me feel depressed when I look at what we could have had.

Look at this place. Typical of what is up there.  Sell what I have here, buy that and have change.  Kills me everytime I look.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-runaway+bay-130326374

Another, cheaper still :

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-helensvale-130317794

Need a very small Mortgage for this one but would certainly make life worth living and I could make a lot of money with a place like this:

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-surfers+paradise-130252958

Would be a total life Change. No more engines and crap, work at what I once loved, be motivated and relatively happy and have some enjoyment of life.  With an outlook like that how could you not?

Nice to dream.
Sometimes.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 06:12:50 PM »
"That's about it for me when it comes to delusions of eternal life or it's step sister - reincarnation."

I also suspect the snuff theory is most likely. Lights out, "computer, end program". Unappealing to most humans but after 32 years of illness, not so much for me.

Glort, your dream homes look like awfully crowded to me after living on 40 acres for 30 years.
I like water also, and miss the mountain lakes in my area of AZ.  Now ruined for me by cell towers at every one.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 11:00:35 PM »

I also suspect the snuff theory is most likely. Lights out, "computer, end program". Unappealing to most humans but after 32 years of illness, not so much for me.

I get it Bruce.
I don't care much about living or dying, I just don't want to be sick.

Glort, your dream homes look like awfully crowded to me after living on 40 acres for 30 years.

Not normally much on living on top of someone else either but I could be very happy in spaces like that.  Plenty of room out on the water and you can get around a lot of places on the canals, many people go to shopping centres up there by boat.
Aunt who lives up there has for years. Says there is never a problem finding a parking spot at the shopping centre Jetty.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 11:23:13 PM »
I'm more fond of sailing than motoring, but the sailing must be grand there too.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 11:51:23 PM »
I also get it Bruce, not much point in life when you can no longer enjoy it like you used to. Trouble is the only alternative to living is dying and that`s not particularly appealing either. I guess we`ll just have to carry on regardless.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 02:57:44 AM »

In recent times I have thought about the whole healthy living for a long life thing.
For me, it means doing without a lot of things I really like.  Like being on a permanent Diet.  For me that changes the life Dynamic from living to existing.

I believe in everything in moderation but the way much of the healthy living, don't eat this, don't eat that, 99% of things are bad for you, thing goes, it's doing without far too much of what I do enjoy and subjecting myself to a great deal of what I don't.

To me, there is no point in living a long life if every single day you are thinking, " geez I'd like some of this or a cup of that" But you can't have it because you want to live a long life.

I'm happy to trade a few years for some enjoyment of life.  A I well know, there are no guarantees anyway. You could live as healthy as possible and be run over by a bus or have your life ended through the negligence of someone else.
I cringe when I see great big fat arsed heart attacks on walking frames waddling round and they seem to be getting more common but the idealist position of no salt, sugar, coffee, fried, takeaway etc loses me.

I see no point in living longer when it just gives me extra years wishing I could actualy eat things I enjoy!

Trying something new food wise today.
My 10 Ft High tomato plants are producing more than we can eat. More than the relo's can eat, the neighbour.... So this morning I got a brainwave ( and a subsequent headache) to put them to use.
Of course after a fortnight of stinking heat the next week is predicted to be wet so I'm drying some Tomatoes in the oven.

Cut them in halves mainly but the larger ones quarters, put them on a tray, put some olive oil on them with some crushed garlic, and some Basil and Rosemary also from my own garden.
The smell filling the house is fantastic so if they go the way they are promising, should be delicious.  When they are done I'll put them in a jar of olive oil and let them sit about a month for the flavours to go through although I'm thinking they should be pretty good straight out the oven given I'm drying them with everything added at the start.

By the time the sun comes back, I'll have another crop ready to go so will give that a go with proper Sun drying. be interesting to see if there is any difference although I will sun dry with just some salt and add the rest of the herbs into the jar when they are done.
At least with the oven drying, I don't need to worry about flies and pests getting on them.

Not complaining about the cooler weather though.  Panels to finish putting up, hedges to trim, gardens to plant, lawns to mow.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40:56 AM »

Well, only one word for the roasted Tomato experiment.......

SUCCESS!

Good lord above those things came out unreal!
Baked them a total of 6 Hours but should have been 5. That's what happens when you get up on the roof laying out another solar array.  Some of the small ones looked burnt but taste magnificent and the crunchyness contrasts well with the softness of the larger ones. I looked and thought I have learned something here, keep size consistant or keep the smaller ones on a seperate tray so they can be taken out earlier.

After tasting and eating them together, I did learn something, repeat what I initially thought was a mistake because it was exactly the right way to go and adds a fantastic element to the flavour and texture.

I have had to drag myself away from the things so I don't stand there and eat the lot straight off.  They are beyond what I Imagined.  Never again will I ever have more tomatoes than I know what to do with, next year I'm going to grow 10 Times as many.  Might even go to the farmers market down the road in the morning and see what I can pick up a case of tomatos for.

Going to have to go buy some glass jars. Can't believe there isn't a single empty one in the house.  That's going to have to change.  I can't believe something so simple and easy could be this good.  My daughter compared my creations with some store bought ones in the fridge.  She said I always really liked these, till now.  Now they taste like shit! That'd High praise coming from the fussiest eater I know.

I don't think I even want to bother sun drying them now but I am thinking how well this could work in a wood fire Pizza oven. Need to fast track that project! the dry heat of the wood oven would be perfect for these.  maybe I better build it double size with racking so I can go into production of these things!

If anyone grows your own tomatoes or can even get them cheap locally, give this a go.
You won't be dissapointed!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 08:13:47 AM »
Hey Glort, You are about ten years too late in my case, I used to make these in the UK before I came to Australia. I had a few failures but mostly successes. I found that by heating the olive oil before bottling increased the shelf life out to several years.

The idea to buy tomatoes in from the local market is a good one, just try to stay away from the mass produced supermarket toms that have little or no flavor even when dried.

Perhaps you have found a use for your excess power, a small production line producing quality sun dried tomatoes might be a great way to turn solar power into disposable income, not quite sure about how it will align with your previous post about loosing weight and staying healthy.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »
The idea to buy tomatoes in from the local market is a good one, just try to stay away from the mass produced supermarket toms that have little or no flavor even when dried.

Tell me about it!
I hope they have more nutrition than taste, then again, they couldn't have any less! That's why I have grown Tomatoes since I was a kid. Like tomatoes but the supermarket ones are a complete and utter waste of time.

A few years back the Mrs had some of those Truss tomatoes she bought that got forgotten about and were going rotten.
I Sliced them up, put them in a pot and covered them . A week later i had mass of seedlings.
I raised them up and they were very nice tomatoes unlike the originals  they came from . Spose the way they were grown had more influence than the variety they were grown from.

Perhaps you have found a use for your excess power,

HA!

You know I thought of that!
I wondered how much juice having the oven on for 6 hours used. I didn't think a lot because It was only on 120 and was up to temp before I had the first tomatoes in the tray.  Was completely overcast today. I rewired the arrays I have been feeding the 3rd leg of the AC with back to full power back to the mains and instead of the usual 3.5KW+ I have been getting, Highest I saw all day was 800W.  the inverter up the back that has been regularly punching out 36Kwh a day did a measley 6.8 today.

Even so, I still came out 16Kwh ahead for the day with the oven going all that time and I kicked in the hot water which hadn't been on for 2 days so would have used a bit with that as well.

I was also thinking I have a pie warming oven up the back I acquired from somewhere. Thing gets hot as one of my oil burners but It has several wide racks I could cover with foil that would be ideal for this purpose.  I have a bunch of different thermostat control boards I have bought for different  projects that have been forgotten about by the time the boards arrived and then I forgot I had them when the next bright idea arrived. It would be easy to limit the temp of the pie warmer with one of these.

Not much wrong with these health wise and if there is, I really don't care!  :laugh:

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2019, 08:56:39 AM »
Hi Glort, I had a thought about a use for your excess solar, what about cold storage? Universities and pharmaceutical companies spent an absolute fortune buying in liquid nitrogen for cryogenic experiments/storage. Producing liquid nitrogen requires disgusting amounts of energy, might also help with your air conditioning issues, just be careful, don`t want to put yourself or the family into cryostasis!  :laugh:

Bob