Puppeteer

Author Topic: Students visit a "high tech " assembly plant  (Read 425 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Students visit a "high tech " assembly plant
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
Hey BruceM, I do hope that you don`t think that I was being disparaging about the two men in the videos, I wasn`t. Poverty is a curse and we should do everything to eradicate it, that said, I have traveled through India and found it to be one of the richest cultures I have seen, despite the poverty of the people.

Education is everything, in these situations, and India is beating the rest of the world with it`s educational standards at present. I am sure that India will become the next industrial power house with standards to rival any country on earth. 

I just find it frustrating to watch men doing their best in such rotten circumstances, a bit of plastic sheet, some clean rags, a paintbrush and a pint of diesel in an old plastic bucket would have made their lives so much easier and probably extended the engines lives by a considerable margin.

Bob

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
Yes Mate i posted that Just for you.

And Glort, and BruceM and a few others would get a cringe out of it.

I sat there with a die grinder  cleaning out the bearing mounting, and fitting SFK bearings, and loctiting then in place.

The video did make me almost cry, check out the diode bridge used, and the bike is just to, i don't know what.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
Yeah well I certainly got a cringe out of it.

Put that bearing down in all the crud and then put the seal on it so what is stuck to the grease stays there.
I also picked up on the bridge rectifier. Stopped the vid and went back thinking did I see what I think I just saw??  :o
Wondering what they would want HV DC for?

I'm afraid I have a distinct Distaste for indians. They have a cut corners approach to everything and not just in their own Country. I saw how the neighbour at the last place built his house, He had a run in with the guy doing the foundations because he only wanted to put in half the concrete so save money..... and the guy was a civil engineer and this was his own House!
Yeah, Foundations aren't important.... especially on a 2 story house!  ::)
Of course it got better from there.
I find them penny pinching and not too honest either.  The Neighbor was literally lucky to survive till I moved away. Pushed me so close to breaking point at the worst point of our lives.

One of my best and oldest mates has a passionate dislike for Indians and pays them out at every opportunity and wont do business with them. He Might be called racist if he wasn't Indian himself!   :laugh:
I remember him going off about them to some clients of his calling them for all the muthers under the sun. I'm standing back watching the look on these guys faces.  Finally one one of them asks where he comes from? He says I'm Indian, how to you think I know so much about the bastards and what they are like! They laughed Carl was serious.
 He's very " Anti Indian" in his ways. He is an engineer and a perfectionist.  Says he would never hire an Indian engineer to work for him because they don't know a Slide rule from their ars.... elbow.

That said, I watch Vids like these and I wonder who the real dummys are?  Poor Punjabs working in the dirt using rocks for hammers and screw drivers for everything else or us westerners fussing and being all pedantic about everything with these engines.  They must get some decent service life out of their sand filled Jack hammering engines driving the Dodgy generators full of yak  fat in the bearings and Diodes twisted together for rectifiers or they surely wouldn't/ couldnt do it.
Maybe rebuilding everything every 12 Months is the norm to them and our idea of trying to get 10 years out of something is strange?

They certainly have a mind set to adapt and overcome and make full use of whatever they can get their hands on.
Some of the things they come up with for farming in particular are bloody brilliant if not hysterical at the same time.

I have been watching Vids on the ship breaking yards in Bangalore and other  similar places. A complete and utter stuff up of society, politics, business and everything else on every level.  Go to work to earn money and hope you are not maimed or killed. Force conditions to be improved and the work will go elsewhere leaving thousands out of work in a place where the only work is the shipyards or starvation. If you want to see what hell looks like, I reckon it would look better than those shipyards. 

It's just a complete and utter mess of a profound magnitude with no solution.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:41:01 AM by glort »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »
Irish need not apply.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245