Author Topic: New Years Goals and achievements.  (Read 1025 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: New Years Goals and achievements.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 12:03:14 AM »
Hey paradise, put up a parking lot.

Bob

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »
Hey paradise, put up a parking lot.

Isn't it ironic?

Erm, no, actually....  ;D
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
Better ironic than moronic!!

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »

Wasn't that PAVED Paradise?

Or am I missing the joke here?

Been feeling VERY iffy about the New year today. My anxiety is making me feel sick.  I got out my new diary and decided I liked the cover on the old one better.  Cut the cover off the new one, slipped the old one out of it's cover and put the new one in.
For some reason that's given me a very bad feeling about this  coming year.

Bit too early to be getting winter depression yet but then again, I hate being late.  ::)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
How do you find the time to keep a diary as well as posting as much as you do on so many sites?

Perhaps you should have them published or turned into a TV series, must be some very interesting and amusing stories in there.

Don`t go getting stressed about the year ending in a 9 rather than an 8, today is just another day and will be followed by many more.

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 12:32:27 AM »
I suggest cleaning up your home EMF environment.  Common mode chokes will be your salvation, they are cheap and very effective.  You have the skills to do it, if not for yourself, for the future health of you wife and daughter.  It's an unnecessary stressor.  I'm always glad to assist those who are doers.

And pull some ethernet cable around the house so you can turn off the damn WIFI. 
EMFanalysis.com is a good place to start, I helped with some of the tech. content. There is an active group in Australia with good basic home EMF mitigation, but I've forgotten their  URL.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 03:37:46 AM »
How do you find the time to keep a diary as well as posting as much as you do on so many sites?

Haha!

It's not a " Dear Diary",  It's a business Diary with " Don't forget that Dr's appointment next week you made 3 months ago" type entries.
Well, in honesty, it's more like don't forget that appointment you made 30 Sec ago for tomorrow morning.   :-[

That and lists of what the Mrs has asked me to do so I can piss her off and irratate her no end by actually having them done when I get asked that certain way later on.
I keep telling her, when I say I'll do something I WILL do it! No need to keep harping on about it reminding me every 6 Months!  >:(

Bout the only thing I put in it daily ( and very sadly) is my solar generation  and power meter readings.
i used to keep a diary of what my son did from a baby. That was a lot of work even though out of character I tried to be as brief as I could about it. Always thought that would be something interesting to give him when he got older but never would have thought how that would turn out.

As for so many sites, there is only 3 in total I regularly look at and one of them I am lucky to put anything on  once a week.
I just came from another and it made me realise the the value of this site.  No matter what you put on the other site, someone wants to nit pick and grand stand and put other people down no matter what they try to do to answer questions or what their suggestions are.  There is so little of the help  and commaradary that is par for the course here. Too many grumpy old men even for me to contend with and I always thought I was the grumpiest old mongeral of all!

Don't think I'll bother with it much anymore. Only been there cause I was a bit bored and wanted something to read when I was sitting here in the middle of the day when it was too hot to work outside.  Hopefully the contributions this year grow substantially.

I'm  Bored shipless on the other site with every question someone asks about anything having 10 replies about rules and regulations and voiding home insurance and other irrelevant crap of defending the immorality of big biz and what they do.
97% of participants there I guarantee couldn't change their own oil in their car and would go on with 3 pages of whining about proper disposal of the oil, having to be a certified mechanic to work on a motor vehicle and making sure your wore the proper protective equipment of gloves, glasses, hearing protection, steel capped boots and a respirator and how they would never get under a car 6" off the ground on jack stands or even when it was sitting on it's wheels in case one fell off and the car crushed you.   ::)  Pussies!

Was very nice logging on here just now though, about 10 unread topics to enjoy.  Hope it's the same every time I log on.  :laugh:

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
Hi Glort, very disappointed your diary is only appointments and etc. was hoping for some insights into the life of an internationally renown glamour photographer. (thank god for spell checker, that so nearly got posted as photogroper!) I`ll PM you the rest of what I want to say.

Bob