Puppeteer

Author Topic: Merry Christmas everyone!  (Read 287 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone!
« on: December 24, 2018, 06:09:35 PM »
...and remember, drink the alcohol, burn the diesel - NOT the other way around!  :laugh:
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
Merry Christmas Ade and thank you for all your hard work keeping the forum going and safe for it`s users.

Just to keep things interesting I found a flat earth believer on Gumtree, he`s offering $10,000 to anyone who can scientifically prove the world is round. Sounds like the right sort of challenge for us guys: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/miriwinni/activities-hobbies/secret-exposed-the-earth-is-flat-and-stationary-not-a-globe/1107459934

Happy holidays

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
Thanks Ade,

Do well in the next year.

Cheers

stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 11:06:00 PM »

Merry Christmas to You and yours Ade and everyone here.
Hope all your hopes and wishes come though for the new year and we are still all here carrying on this time next year.

BTW, is it Christmas there Yet?  Here in Oz we are ahead of most of the rest of the world... Even NZ if you have ever been there!   :P

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 06:24:46 AM »
It's Christmas day now, as I'm travelling to see family, it just feels like an ordinary work day so far....  :o
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »

Last hour of Christmas day here.  It always Depresses me ( for many reasons ) at how fast it comes and then is gone again.
Needs to be 3 days I reckon so one can really take it in and make all the hard work you getting prepared worth while.

Spent today with the greater family. Boring as hell as always.  Tomorrow we are having a friends family over. been invited to their family Christmases which they hold on Boxing day for some years now.  As we are now located smack in the middle of where they all live and this place is so much bigger than the mothers place they normally have it, was asked if they could have it here. We said sure and looks like the biggest most complete turn out in years.

We always have enjoyed their family Christmas much more than our own. Half the family are heads of a Bikie gang so it's always entertaining. They are some of the most loyal, considerate good friends you could have. They have certainly touched me with their kindness and what  they have done for us when we have been in bad times although in all honesty, it would not surprise me in the least to see some cars or van with tinted windows sitting just up the street while they are here.

I can only Imagine the food we will have tomorrow.  Wife asked friend what they wanted to eat and there was almost shock and horror she asked. They told her not to prepare a thing, they will be bringing it all with them.  The spreads they put on are always something to behold and the food is delicious.
Should be a real good day that does extend the feeling of Christmas Nicely.

Unfortunately  my daughter who is in retail is working.  That is another thing that I think should be changed about Christmas, close the damn shops more than one day or only allow supermarkets and food outlets to open.

This Boxing day sale greed I think is rather sad and somewhat disgusting.
Shops are only closed about 4 Days a year here, isn't 360 days enough for people to spend money?

t19

• Administrator
  • Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 12:20:55 AM »
Merry Christmas All
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 04:33:26 PM »
Hope you and yours had a great Christmas Ade all the best for 2019
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »
I hope you all had a nice day like we did here. 

Less than a week until the new year.  Wow.  Don't just zip by.  Let's get something new in our life this year

Best wishes for the New Year.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245