Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Hello Everyone, an other 6/1 owner

(1/3) > >>

John (Boston):
Hello Everyone,

New member here…  First, I want to thank the wonderful people who have run this forum and those who have posted here, sharing their vast knowledge so unselfishly.  Sadly, many may have moved on by now.  I would never have been able to "build" my 6/1 without the many hours of reading (probably hundreds) here in these archives.  Pretty much everything one needs to know is right here.

I got my 6/1 about eight years ago (used).  It came with a bent rod (really good banana shape to it) and was a bugger to start because of it.  I've been all through the engine and the only thing that remains to fix is the idler clearance.  Next spring I will finally pour a 3 or 4000 pound block for it.  It's used for backup power.

-John (Boston)

dieselspanner:
Welcome, John

Glad you've stuck you head over the parapet, you're right there's been a lot of churn in the membership here, I personally suspect that it's the decline in the popularity of the CS's since the days of Utterpower etc.

However the the increase in posts concerning other Listers (and lots of other marques) keeps it interesting, even if, like me you know bugger all about them, the rest of the traffic  keeps me (mostly highly) amused.

Now your here join in!

Cheers
Stef

Hugh Conway:
Welcome John of Boston
If you're thinking of your 6/1 as a back-up, there are other probably better and more modern options. No so fun and interesting though. My first listeroid led to a Dursley model. it is interesting to compare them. The listeroid is in daily service this time of year and the other beastie is  finally sitting on its block of concrete in my shop waiting for me to hook it up for shop power.
Stef.........days of Utterpower.......apparently George is still active. Just this morning got an email from him re a twin for sale.   https://www.utterpower.com/for-sale-twin-cylinder-power-line-engine-still-in-the-crate-3100-or-best-offer/
I though he was gone from the scene as well, but not so.
I do wonder about all of those regulars that populated this site 6 years ago and more. We learned lots by there expertise, and even more by their mistakes!
Merry Christmas to all.
Cheers
Hugh

dieselspanner:
Hi Hugh

Nice to know the wheel of fortune is still turning, maybe it'll go full circle and Rajkot iron will rule again!

Cheers
Stef

38ac:
Welcome  John,   please post on your progress with the installation.  The more solid mass you have it attached to the less pounding it will transmit to the surrounding area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version