Author Topic: Before it's all over.....  (Read 814 times)

Johndoh

• View Profile
Re: Before it's all over.....
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
Israel built a huge wall between them and Palestine doesn't seem to have done much good the Palestinians are tunnelling under it and they  aren't tunnelling to Israel for jobs picking fruit or cleaning offices. It's technology that's finding the tunnels.
Ireland is a very small country with a land border with the UK of 300 odd miles. In March there will be a border of sorts not a hard border but a technological border with cameras, drones and satellites.
Hadrians wall, The walls of Jericho, the great wall of China all vanity projects that were breached. It's medieval technology like the trebuchet and nobody thinks they are the first weapon of choice for 100's of years. Of course walling people out means you wall yourself in.
Glort the man is a liar, a womaniser, a cheat and a megalomaniac
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »
Glort the man is a liar, a womaniser, a cheat and a megalomaniac

Most of that is likley true.
He's a politician so being a liar is a basic pre requisite.  Cheat, much the same and megalomaniac, well I would say that was automatically be defined by running for president.

As for womanizer..... well that's a precedent set  back in the Bill and Monica daze isn't it?

Few months ago I was up with Dad and we were watching some american report like 60 Minutes or something.  There were  4 women all making these claims about trump and how he had hurt their feelings 30 years back and what a bastard he was etc.

First woman is saying he touched her up at some event when she was working for him. They show a pic of him introducing her to some people and he has his hand in the small of her back lightly and she's looking at the picture in tears trying to tell the reporter how traumatize that left left her because of him groping her like that and this is the actual incident.  There are people back and front  of them and the way she is going on is just ridiculous.  Turns out she was so tramatised she kept working for him and seeing him daily for the next 8 years or something
Dad and I are looking at each other Saying WTF???

Next one reckons he put the hard word on her 25 years ago when she was actually half decent looking and I'll bet she was propositioned 5 times a day back then. But of course that was something she was too upset to talk about before but now he's president and she voted for Hitlary,she now had to speak out about it.  Yeah right.

Another one said she didn't like the way he once spoke to her at some event again years back and and made an inappropriate Joke...  which clearly sounded like a modern standard of calling someone a cripple  or an old age pensioner when it was common, everyday language before the PC whingers went mad.

The last one had Dad and I in stitches.
She is going on about how he looked at her and made her feel like a piece of meat. Again the tears and dramatics and this one look had ruined her life and ability to function as a productive member of society etc.  She names the function, back in 1987 or something and they bring up the photo.
There is the woman with the left one and the right one about to come bursting out and give the man 2 black eyes. and a concussion as they reached escape velocity.

In the picture he appears to be looking down at them, probably in fear or wondering who the hell let this hooker into the receiving line of people he had to greet.  She is standing ther,e barley constrained Bossum putting the test to the thread in her almost there dress and looking at him smiling like the Cheshire cat.

Of course begs the question, if she didn't want to be looked at like a piece of meat why dress like that in the first place and go to so much attention to make herself so obvious and clearly seek attention in such a way?
There wouldn't have been a man or WOMAN on the planet, least straight ones, that wouldn't have been looking at her.... most of them thinking " WTF is wrong with this woman dressing like that at a black tie Function?"

I said to Dad, if this is the worst they can throw at the guy, he must have been pretty decent or pretty clever.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
glort, glort, glort,

Just accept you don't get it.  Just as surely as I don't understand, I mean I don't get his supporters.  Life has mysteries. 

How about that heat wave in the South.  Yup!  It's Trumps fault.

Cheers,
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 10:52:23 PM »
President Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe springs to mind. Any male born before 1990 would be classed as a womaniser now. The mainstream media hates Trump over here, not a day goes by when there isnt a Trump ridicule story on each TV channel and probably a dozen on the Left wing dominated ABC. Some ppl just cant handle that he actually got in and that he and the majority of others seem to have a different opinion to theirs. So they wage a war of character assassination dredging up crap from 20 or 30 years before, judging yesterdays standards by todays PC rubbish. You only have to watch a show over here on ABC  called Q&A to see what a PC fantasy land these fools live in, and want or demand the rest of us should live in as well. University educated, never held a real job in their lives and living off the welfare of the rest. Makes we want to reach into the TV and give them the well deserved belt around the head they need. Rant over. Gone bit off topic.  Merry Christmas all.
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »
President Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe springs to mind. Any male born before 1990 would be classed as a womaniser now. The mainstream media hates Trump over here, not a day goes by when there isnt a Trump ridicule story on each TV channel and probably a dozen on the Left wing dominated ABC. Some ppl just cant handle that he actually got in and that he and the majority of others seem to have a different opinion to theirs. So they wage a war of character assassination dredging up crap from 20 or 30 years before, judging yesterdays standards by todays PC rubbish. You only have to watch a show over here on ABC  called Q&A to see what a PC fantasy land these fools live in, and want or demand the rest of us should live in as well. University educated, never held a real job in their lives and living off the welfare of the rest. Makes we want to reach into the TV and give them the well deserved belt around the head they need. Rant over. Gone bit off topic.  Merry Christmas all.

Trump won the election on the college vote system NOT the popular or majority vote. 56.9% of the people eligible to vote actually voted so trump actually got 27% of the total votes available to registered voters. If there was an election today he would get less than 20%!
Do you think a rape, a robbery a murder or any crime can be overlooked because it happened 20 or 30 years ago?
Finally wanting to reach into a television to physically attach someone that actually has a fuckin brain says a lot about you

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 04:49:02 AM »
Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.  No one was speaking about rape or murder.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 07:14:08 AM »
Hey Guys,

I ain't the moderator but I can see where this semi political line could end up. We all know why we value this site so please let it slide.

You can slag me for free, if it helps!!

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 11:58:42 AM »
Dont agree with you Johndoh, but would fight for you to be able to air your views. Unfortunately over here some ppl only want your opinion as long as its the same as theirs and will do anything to stifle any debate. Anyway it would be a boring world if we all thought the same way. At least we have a few things in common. Old Machinery and diesel and petrol fumes. Wishing all a happy new year and may it rain Listers.
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 01:15:09 PM »
I dislike all politicians with good reason. In my country we have murderers that oppose abortion, party leaders that get a free 50,000.00 holiday and "forget it", campaigns about "shoot to kill" policies against illegal armies, unemployed barmen with holiday homes, politicians wives giving public money and contracts to their toyboy and so on.
Jeremy Paxman of the BBC said that every time he interviews a politician his first thought is "why is this bastard lying to me"? I think thats a good basis for viewing politicians.
#
Happy new year to you too basewindow, my advice is believe nothing be cynical and if possible be self sufficient you'll get no help from any government if you need it.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »
I guess I still don't get it.

Political crap deleted.

What the Dickens was this thread about?

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
That's the beauty of what politicians say lowgear it's all temporary throwaway stuff and quickly forgotten. The only political quote I remember was by Enoch Powell he said all political careers end in failure!

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »

And here we are already.
Christmas has once again come and gone for another year and we are looking at New Year rather than Christmas.
The leftovers are all gone and it's back to the regular meals. As usual, Family Christmas get together was Ho Hum, Bocing day get together with friends family was so much fun and really enjoyable.

Back to reality. Daughter wants another birthday party given the success of the last one and the popularity with  her friends coming out here.  Told her she can have one if she keeps the guest numbers under control and does not leave all the work to her mother and I.
My fathers birthday is the week after and I'm in a couple of minds what to do for that. Don't know if we should have something at a local Club or at home and just make it a low key thing with whatever family can show or  extend it and invite all the local Friends.  It's bad timing abd I know he won't want a fuss but at the same time would enjoy seeing everyone.

Always seems to be something on the horizon and another thing to get though.  Felt the same last year, Christmas, parties, job to be done.
Just occasionally wish I could hit the pause button on life so there was time to stop and take things in a bit more before they had come and gone again.

I always remember my beloved grandmother who raised me from a teenager by repeating what she would say every Christmas day as all the family would start leaving to go home...... ?Christmas is as far away as ever".

Giess we are a few days closer now and it will seem distant but before long we'll be wondering where the year went.
Hope it's a good one for everyone here  and we are still all here this time next year.

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31:19 PM »
Well maybe Johndoh we agree on more than we both know. Wouldnt trust any Politician as far as I could kick them, or believe anything that comes out of their mouths. And we have the same issues over here with them rorting the system for personal and political gain, overseas junket holidays with the family etc.

Having worked in, lets say a semi 'Public Service' roll for thirty years, I know full well how statistics were manipulated for public consumption, and were manufactured by various means to the conclusion required. As they say, Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

I guess what I was trying to say about Trump (And failed miserably) was more about the biased reporting or manipulation of the reporting, because of who he is and what he stands for and the double standards they have in that regard in pushing certain agendas. As my son would say he's a bit of a 'Tool' and probably brings alot of it on himself by his stupid 'tweets' and outlandish comments.
Most media here, both commercial or Government is so PC or stacked either way, that the 'truth' is almost impossible to ascertain.

An example is Climate Change. Now logic would suggest there is man made climate change (just look at the smog etc over cities) but such outlandish claims have been made, statistics manipulated and out right lies told, by both sides for political gain, that average joe just cant make an informed decision.
Guess we all get frustrated because they cant see the Forest fir the trees.

Thats why we are old grumpy men, who would rather talk to our machines, and seek solice in our man sheds, and the cathartic feel of bringing the past back to life. Certainly makes me feel better.

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »
Well the Insurance Industry believe in climate change, their actuary's have already adjusted premiums to suit. I just hope they haven't miscalculated the speed that it is happening otherwise after the next bushfire,flood( insert appropriate disaster here) the premiums will go crazy.

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
Yep Oldgoat, thats what I mean, everyone's jumping on the bandwagon, to make a profit or to push an agenda.