Puppeteer

Author Topic: Telecom towers  (Read 4376 times)

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
Re: Telecom towers
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 09:35:42 AM »
My good Fellows

There is nothing like a glass of green wine (see: https://www.thebacklabel.com/is-green-wine-really-green/#.W-08sPVUlR0) to join to this discution.

Cheers
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
Hey BruceM, don`t suppose you know the doctors name? I only ask as my Father was the Director of Clinical Research for a well known pharmaceutical company, doing research into heart disease. I`m hoping it wasn`t him. If it was, the irony is that I have heart disease, bit of an own goal.  :laugh:

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 08:36:49 AM »
I've forgotten the guy's name.  The public has paid dearly for his incompetence.  The whole related Lipitor fiasco, too.  It barely shows any real change in outcomes (which means there is none if the studies were truly independent), causes a variety of health problems, and there no correlation between cholesterol levels and heart attacks.  Similar to the anti-depressant scam with serotonin; ends up that's not at all the issue or effective mode of action. You can have high serotonin and be horribly depressed. Still, worth a couple billion in profits, even if the actual success rate is not as good as exercise.

It's easy to fob off almost anything on the public (and doctors) with some slick marketing.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
Dr. John A L Gorringe? Ring any bells? I`m seriously hoping not. He was responsible for the research into fish lipids as a method of lowering cholesterol. Gemfibrosil was the product they marketed and it is still available today.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
Hey BruceM, you might want to check out the Helsinki heart study, this was a double blind study that my Father wrote the protocols for.  Took more than ten years of his life to do it and at the end the results were very much in favor of fish lipids as a way to reduce bad cholesterol.

Double blind is when the patients are given a drug or a placebo. The prescribing doctor does not know if the patient is receiving the drug or the placebo. The drug manufacturer does not know if the patient is receiving the drug or the placebo.

After a period of about 3 years the results are analysed and the protocols are taken out of a locked safe. They then compare the results for those on medication and those on placebo. In this particular case the results were very much in favor of fish lipids.

My recommendation on fish lipids is that they taste a whole hell of a lot better in their original form, eat more fish and less tablets.  :laugh:

Bob

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
Latest reasearch says that there was no difference between the placebos and the fish oil takers.  Can't find the article now, but saw it just a few days ago.  Luckily, I have never worried about my eating habits.  I have always eaten what I felt like, when i felt like it.  My philosophy - anything and everything as long as in moderation.  I'm now 60, stil no paunch or grey hair yet, so must be working.  Ok, maybe it's not the diet that's kept me young - I've never been married, maybe that's the answer ;D

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:36 PM »
I was wrong about the original researcher of the "Seven Countries" study, he was Ancel Keys and he was not an MD.  He badly cherry picked data and hid is own follow on study results which proved his theory on cholesterol wrong.  His bad work led us down a path of bogus anti fat theories that have been disastrous from public health.

The cholesterol war on saturated fats has been proven to be bogus, but Omega 3 oils- both plant and animal (fish and grass fed ruminants) have proven important as anti-inflammatory, even if the cholesterol link is highly suspect.  One of the common tricks used by big Pharma is to run a bunch of studies, and disappear those which reveal bad results and/or dangerous side effects. 1%  better than placebo is enough to get approval. If you run enough studies that can happen, especially if you hire unscrupulous researchers. You also see this type of pharma crap happening with the MS drugs. $30-50K per year and virtually no change in the 10 year outcome.

Like most with MS, I have a lot of pain, and find Omega 3's plus reduced plant Lectins reduce it by 75% if I'm careful with my diet. I eat wild caught fish instead of taking oil or pills. Lectin theory is new and suspect but I was rather flabbergasted that it worked for me and accurately predicted those foods which I had previously found increased my pain greatly (grains, legumes).  I have a high level of skepticism, but I do believe in results, even if not the why.

Organic veges, wild caught fish and grass fed lamb, beef and goat are very expensive where I live but I am fond of being able to living independently, and lower levels of pain improve my quality of life.