Author Topic: Telecom towers  (Read 4375 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Telecom towers
« on: November 14, 2018, 09:39:49 AM »
Well while Glort is away in NZ we need a new subject to rant about, so here goes. Can anybody explain to me how the telecom companies are allowed to build these mobile phone towers all over the planet without any sort of planning approval?

Today I have had to pay the local electrician $300 to fit a new TV antenna because the recently installed 4G Optus mobile phone tower has completely trashed my TV signal. I`m not a big fan of TV but my Wife is! You can imagine the strife this has caused me.

Complaints to the telecom companies are a waste of time as they completely deny that their systems cause any problems, yet the electrician tells me he is rushed off his feet replacing TV antenna with the latest 4G proof equipment. He has done 14 this week and it is only Wednesday. How can it be that I have to foot the bill to replace perfectly serviceable equipment to counteract the actions of the Telcos? The real injustice is that I don`t own a mobile phone, nor do I want one!

Anyone had similar problems, anyone up for a class action against these unaccountable, undemocratic assholes that blight our lives?

Bob

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
Re: Telecom towers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
Hi Bob

They are switching to digital terrestrial television (they will turn off analog), which has emitters shared with mobile phone towers. (but you'll soon be switching to cable TV!)

At present, all communication is switching to fiber optics (due to high copper theft) and also the transmission speed.

20 years ago we leased a space in the top of my bilding to the telecom company for a network station - of course that this recipe already gave to paint the building twice, and a new roof ... otherwise it would be more difficult to get the money to all owners.

"Living off the grid today has a very high cost." Just for enthusiasm and for fun - or to always be prepared for a power outage in the electricity grid.

Today a cell phone is an indispensable device - man is a communicating being, even if it is by smoke signals! - and can make the difference in an emergency situation.

The day will come when you say: I could have a cell phone here to call 911 now!

Attention, I do not want to censor you!

Always to consider you.
VP
PS: about the hole in the sump. Alll ready read!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:11:25 AM by sirpedrosa »
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »
Hi Pedrosa,  I think the idea of cable TV where I live is mad. The nearest town is 50 KM away. The telephone/internet connection I have is deplorable, The Australian government has spent $60 billion dollars on a national broadband network that doesn`t work. When I go to the shops very often I can`t pay for the goods I want because the telecom connection to my bank isn`t working! The idea that I should pay to get TV through an already overworked and useless telecom network is my idea of insanity!

As for trying to live off grid, it`s very similar to trying to live on grid. The power outages and unreliable service dictate that all homes here require a back up generator. When the power goes out, as it regularly does, I have diesel generators and sufficient fuel to keep me going for weeks. The food in my fridge and deep freezer stay edible. There are some families that live around here that do not have generators, when the power dies they loose everything, guess what, it`s not the responsibility of the power provider!

The thing that really winds me up is that when there is a power outage or a telecommunication failure I have to report it to get it fixed. No surprise that the local telephone exchange relies on power from the electric grid. When the power drops out I can`t phone anyone to complain!  The same stupidity applies to telecom companies that believe that the best way to report a problem with your internet connection is to send them an email, just how I am supposed to do that without an internet connection is a total mystery to me!

The same applies to telecom towers, they are powered off the local power grid, if it fails so do they.

Your suggestion that mankind needs to communicate is valid but where I live it is much more important to communicate with your neighbors than the rest of the world. I stopped working in the information technology sector because I realized that social media and online networking was destroying our power to communicate with those closest to us. I know families that send each other emails while they are all sat in the same room!

As for the number of deaths on the roads caused by people feeling obliged to answer their phone or read a message, while driving, just because it might be important. How would you feel answering a call from some scam artist then looking back to the road to see that you have just run over an innocent pedestrian?

This whole telecom issue is not about communication, it is about making money for the telco`s. I ran a business in the UK, for twenty years, with nothing more than a phone line and a fax machine, if I needed to talk to someone I went to see them!

Rant over for now.

Bob

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »
Hi Bob

concluding, where you live you can only rely on yourself!

In fact the picture you paint is not pleasant at all. Now I realize why you have to reinvent the wheel.

And the reason for maximum utilization of any material that can produce energy.

Governments are all hostages of economic power, and it will suffice to convince half the population that it is better to change to this or that so that there are no complaints - even if they pay.

They live on statistics. and if the AU population of 25M, make 20thd complaints per year, results in 0.08% of dissatisfied ...

Think about it!
Cheers
VP
By order of firing up:

guest23837

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »
There's still parts of Ireland where a radio signal can be diffult to pick up, thats old technology!

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 01:53:50 PM »
Bob VAST, might be the answer Sorry; Viewer Access Satellite Television its run  by the government.

(Don't start) LOL its for people who cant get regular service, you might be able to apply. But i gather you have already fixed it your self.
We use it in our mobile home.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
It's absurd to say it's expensive to live off grid.  A big part of it is not clinging to power hog conventions, including the home design.  I spend $15/mo for battery replacement and an average of $25/mo on propane (refrigerator, cooking, backup heating).  Diesel for my Listeroid air compressor to run my shop is about $10/mo. That's a total of $50/mo for my power/fuel bill. This for a "mild Denver" climate. 

I had to do off grid for health reasons, but like nearly everyone who switches to off grid, I wish I'd done it much sooner.

A brief rant:

Today with a grid connection in the US, you get a pulsed microwave transmitter attached to your home (active several times a second), with a shitty switching power supply and no filtration so both microwaves and SMPS EMI are on all your house power. Likewise, many new home appliances also trash home power and if you check you may find that the entire AM band is trashed by EMI on your home wiring.  A growing group of health researchers thinks that's probably as bad as holding a cell phone to your head, it's going on all night long.  Next you add a grid tie inverter to insure that anyone staying in the home all day get's a big home power EMI exposure too; yep, no standards for emissions for GTIs.  And sure, why not add WIFI on 24/7 too. We're in a race to see how many people with serious chronic illness we can have before our extinction.

Industry and their government subsidiaries are clinging to their rediculous hot dog theory; you are just a meatsicle and if radio waves don't cook you you're fine.  No amount of independent research showing DNA breaks, endocrine disruption, cell wall transport disruption, QEEG abnormalities matters when profits are at stake.

Rant completed.

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 07:40:23 PM »
Hi BruceM

Sounds like a bargain life.

How much do you pay per gallon (3.78l) of diesel, and how much per 1 ft3 of propane (0.028 m3)? And above all, how much is the minimum wage?

BR
VP
By order of firing up:

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 07:43:31 PM »
$3.20 per gallon of diesel this month, last propane fill was $2.25/gal, Arizona minimum wage is $10.50/hr.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
Well Guys, the new TV antenna is working very well, crystal clear picture. Still nothing I want to watch interupted by advertisements for sh1t I don

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »
Congratulations Bob, at least something to brighten up your day ...

BruceM,
Here in PT: diesel - €1,474/L (lowcost 1,309); LPG = propane - €0.678/L; national minimum wage ~$530/mo (a worker - technician - can earn $10/h) [lawyer  >= $60/h]. You would like to live here ...

And I'm like Bob - some crazy guy drives and talks on the phone and runs you over. Then you no longer care about EMI, GTI, or the shortwave - the cemetery has no radiations.

Enjoy life to the fullest because we will not have time for it inside the grave.

Cheers
VP
By order of firing up:

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 10:13:39 PM »
Well that just about proves everything I was saying about the unreliable power supply. Halfway through posting and the power dies! Back on now so I`ve got to go and reset all the digital clocks again! Why does the cooker need a digital clock? Has anyone ever worked out how to use the timer functions it provides? Would anyone in their right mind go off to work expecting that the cooker will turn it`self on and off without burning the house down?

I was in our local department store recently, they now sell a fridge with a computer built into the door. This allows you to track what food stuff you are running out of and order replacements online. I wonder how long it will be before my Doctor demands access to this computer so he can berate me for eating too much salt, fat & etc. I bet the health and life insurance companies will quickly follow. What a f*cked up world, I`m becoming paranoid about being spied on by a refrigerator!  :laugh:

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 11:45:52 PM »
In addition to adding worthless digital features, new appliances no all have shitty switching power supplies for those digital electronics.  Though low power, they are typically so poorly designed as to light up your entire house wiring with EMI.  I often find washers that do so- even when "off", as well as electric stoves. 

You may think that these emissions are nothing, but after correcting these sources, which can easily be found with an AM radio, many people who don't have "electrical sensitivity" often find that they are sleeping and feeling better.  For some directions try this article:
http://www.arrl.org/power-line-noise

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 11:55:07 PM »
I was in our local department store recently, they now sell a fridge with a computer built into the door. This allows you to track what food stuff you are running out of and order replacements online. I wonder how long it will be before my Doctor demands access to this computer so he can berate me for eating too much salt, fat & etc. I bet the health and life insurance companies will quickly follow. What a f*cked up world, I`m becoming paranoid about being spied on by a refrigerator!  :laugh:

Bob

They have had those here in the US for a few years. Have you seen the one that has a camera inside and a screen outside? You can see what's in the fridge without having to go to the trouble of opening the door.They have had electronics and control boards in them for about 15-20 years. Worst idea ever. Primary failure on them now is the temperature sensor or control board. So, they end up in the landfill with a perfectly operating refrigeration system that just doesn't cut on. I like the old days of the $20 temp control that you had to replace every couple of decades.

Those computerized fridges with cameras and screens are just like the Amazon and Google assistants, always listening and always watching. I mean what's the world coming to when you can't sneak into the fridge at midnight and eat someone else's leftovers without there being video evidence. Or even worse what's the old lady going to say when she sees video of you putting those bushings/bearings in the freezer so they are an easier press fit. Thank goodness I still have that 60 year old beer fridge out in the shop. It does one thing and one thing only, stays cold.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:57:03 PM by broncodriver99 »

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 02:16:36 AM »
If you doctor is talking to you about reducing fats, you should find a new doctor.  The initial study and doctor who claimed blocked arteries were caused by fat has been discredited; his own follow up study showed it was dead wrong, so the bastard didn't release it, and it was only found a few years ago.  So the entire campaign against fats was based on bullshit by a lying bastard MD. It has been very profitable bullshit, for Phizer in particular.