Author Topic: Glort  (Read 330 times)

Johndoh

• View Profile
Glort
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »
Has anyone heard from or seen Glort? I hope he's ok, rants and preachy posts are something to look forward to every day!
P
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Glort
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
I hate to admit it, but I miss him too.  :laugh:

I believe there was talk of him travelling to New Zealand to do a photo shoot.

Bob

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:53:06 PM »
Thanks Bob
I kinda like the old bodger hopefully he will log on and know we miss him (a bit anyway)
Paul

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:08:59 PM »

He's probably on a "walkabout" picking up 260,000 liters of used vegetable oil.  ;D
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »
I got a PM from him yesterday saying "I'm in NZ.  Wanna catchup?"  So I'd guess he's alive & kicking.  I would say traffic on the forum is probably down by 50% though . . .

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:02:21 AM »
I got a PM from him yesterday saying "I'm in NZ.  Wanna catchup?"  So I'd guess he's alive & kicking.  I would say traffic on the forum is probably down by 50% though . . .

Thanks mate I know he has some health issues similar to mine glad to know he's off annoying pople face to face!

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 01:44:25 AM »
yes all the post lately, i have managed to read within my attention span. I'm shore the mad professor will be back soon.
Enjoy the rest old feller.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 06:59:14 AM »
What do we want? Glort!
When do we want him? Now!

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 11:58:38 AM »
+1

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 12:24:26 PM »
What do we want? Glort!
When do we want him? Now!

Bob

Oh good grief!
You poor buggers need a life more than i do!  Yes, in Nz and been keping busy. Did a figure shoot with a great model on friday and then shot the national cheerleading comp over the weekend. Thankfully this was just a little one. Only shot 30k ( yes, 30 thousand) pics over the whole weekend. Last big one I was shooting 30k shots a day so this one was easy.  :0)

Did a cruise around the islands today which was interesting and heading back to Auckland tomorrow. May not get to catch up with mike which will be shame as im sure there is lots he'd love to tell me face to face but  a city strip club found my glam work and wants me to shoot a couple of their girls.  If they agree to my fee, will be doing that. Probably spend most of the proceeds on accommodation in Auckland. Bloody expensive and seems busy as well.

Biggest irony of the trip has been with the hire car.  Idiots left us standing round airport for an hour and i was not a happy renter when they finally got us to the depot and let the clowns know. They upgraded us to a prius of all things so been driving an electric for the past week. Now i really have some rant material on one of my fave subjects.

Looking forward to getting home. International travel is not my thing even though this is more like an interstate trip.  Only came for Mrs and daughter to have a holiday so they are happy for this week and then i can stop biting my tounge with things.

Given the " compliments" here, I'll try not to annoy you all too much when i get back to a real keyboard.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »
Hey Glort, I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say it`s good to hear from you and that you are OK. Glad the photo shoot was a success. Please enjoy the rest of your time away with your family.

Bob

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 01:49:10 PM »
Hey Glort, I think I speak for everyone on the forum when I say it`s good to hear from you and that you are OK. Glad the photo shoot was a success. Please enjoy the rest of your time away with your family.

Bob

+1

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
+1....

But are we sure it's really him.....?

Barring: "Biggest irony of the trip has been with the hire car.  Idiots left us standing round airport for an hour and i was not a happy renter when they finally got us to the depot and let the clowns know."

This is far too nice a post for him...I think we have a case of the "body-snatchers" going on here....BRING THE REAL GLORT BACK!!!

Cheers
Ed
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
30 thousand pictures ?? how can you even press the shutter that much ?

There are 43,200 seconds in a 12 hour period, so that's nearly 1 pic per second !!

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »

First thing is the big events run 16/17 hours. If you are familliar with cheer, that is illegal in the Us but not in the colonys. The also have min 30 sec breaks in the states, in oz it can be running 2 floors and the next one starts as soon as the mc can announce the team. It's brutal and with a break only every 6 hours, is the reason I'm over doing the big ones.  We can commonly shoot around 250 to290 shots in a sub 3 min routine so works out.

This one was only 9 to 4 on sat and 9 to 8.30 on sun with one floor and 90 sec between on sun with 4 awards presentations as breaks. Much more civilised.
I'm thinking this will be my last time out with cheer though. The frigging around with airports and hotels and lugging heavy bags for me is not offset by the upsides. I didnt want to do this one but mate really wanted me to help and family wanted to come here again. Can't believe there are no shooters in nz that can do it but after seeing  what was done last year when i stayed home after having my teeth done, semms more to it than i thought.

Spent time training up daughter who loves traveling and is never home these days and she did well so she can take over next year.  They have asked me to do the full circuit but i dont think so Tim. Syd was stupid busy and qld and melb were busy too.

I don't mind hard work,being basicaly abused is something else though.
Added to that the mould motel we got put up in...... no thanks.  If they want me next year they will find my condition list may be a little more extensive than they are willing to invest in.

Yes Ed, was calmer than usual outwardly. Wasn't wanting to stay in the place 3-5 years as a guest of her majestys so had to behave. Every time i have been here, hire car co stuffs up.
For those that think oz is behind, try Nz.
Beautiful place but service and presentation can be lacking.

Not to worry, as the lady at the hotel said,  the wither iz mitch bitter today.