Puppeteer

Author Topic: Injector Nozzle  (Read 1501 times)

guest23837

Injector Nozzle
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
Hi Guys. My yanmar smokes at startup for maybe 5-10 seconds then it runs fine. I been told to change the injector nozzle. Would this cure it or is a new injector the way to go?

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Injector Nozzle
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »
Helps to know which Yanmar. Sorry but I dont follow all the lore on the site close enough to know which Yanmar you have?

In general  A failing injector can cause smoke at a cold start  but so can several other things. Does the smoke smell like oil burn or is is a putrid  half burned diesel smell? 

If you have an L series air cooled engine both the pump and injector need to be in tip top condition for them to start easily, run correctly and not smoke especially at start up. Good thing is the Chinese copies have excellent fuel system parts and they are dirt cheap  and drop right in.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:59:40 AM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
Hi its an L100 always started first compression still does. I don't have a great sense of smell due to amauter boxing in pub car parks when I was younger. I been looking at the chinese parts they are incredibly cheap compared to the genuine ones which are probably made in China anyway

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:42:57 PM »
OK,
Be aware that there two types of L100 injectors. If your model ends with a "V" it takes one type and all others take the other one. 
One way to tell is to look for the alignment pin on the body of the injector.  If it is in line with the inlet port you need the V model injector, all other will have the alignment pin at an angle between the inlet and leak off fittings.  I keep them at the shop but shipping twice across the ocean doesn't make much sense financially speaking ;)
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

guest23837

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
I will pull the injector tomorrow its just L100 nothing else probably base model.